What Did You Cook or Bake today?

I made my very very favorite hot/sour soup---in my Instant Pot!!! :p:p:p
Came out so well, I was afraid it would be over done, but nope!
A full of baby bok choy sliced up, and onion sliced, a container of sliced and washed baby bella mushrooms, a 14 oz block of cubed tofu, a can of bamboo shoots. Garlic, fresh ginger, sambal paste, rice vinegar, and a bunch of Holy Basil leaves and stem. 3 min and 20 min to release. Then added a cornstarch slurry and fresh mung sprouts. :lick: :dance: :lick:

Reactions: Mischief
I made this-https://choosingchia.com/whole-grain-buckwheat-chia-bread/
Soaking 1 & 3/4 cup of buckwheat groats makes a ton! You need to use a food processor and I had to do it in 3 or 4 batches, then mix all together. I used dates too.
I used one loaf pan, then spread some batter on parchment thinking it would be better as more cracker/flatbread. I was right! I will make this again, but half the buckwheat, probably the same amounts of everything else, and roll it out between parchement paper.
I found it quite tasty. The loaf is still hot, and very moist inside so I don't know about that yet

Reactions: Val
A couple or artichokes and a loaf of multi seed granary bread.
I also made a batch of chickpea puree.

Last edited:
Reactions: Val
I made a white bean pate.
When we stayed in Abkhazia for a somewhat long period, we got to know that they always make red bean pate. Our hosts even offered us to try it. But as soon as they put TONS of cilantro in this pate (it's the essence of this ancient simple recipe),- i couldn't eat it. In general, cilantro is a real problem in Abkhazia: it's everywhere:yuck:, and there is no chance you can order anything without cilantro in a restaurant, for instance. Their stubborness can be compared to russians who put sour cream in everything.:p

Messed up a huge batch of rice and lentils in the IP. Got mushy. I have a whole pot full and I don't really want any! :argh:

can you use it to make a lentil loaf and/or burgers?
Maybe? I thought maybe add some gluten. I quit trying loaves - this is pretty close to that texture! I love mujadara and will never again try it in the IP!