Music What are you listening to now?

@Veganite I've seen both Chet Atkins and Doc Watson live- but not together. I saw Chet Atkins (John Hartford opening the show) with my Dad; my father had an assortment of Atkins' recordings but I don't think he ever saw him live. I figure he would have mentioned it if he had. I saw Doc Watson myself a few years later.

• Wow
Reactions: Veganite
@Tom L.

Lucky you! I would have loved to have seen them, together or separate. I have been quite fortunate to have seen a lot of other really amazing musicians in concert though. Was Merle still alive and playing with Doc when you saw him?

I'm not sure- it could have been before or after that time. Just today I was looking through my photo album, where I also keep ticket stubs of concerts I've seen. I didn't see that ticket in my album though.

Oh well, I'm sure it was an amazing show, regardless. His son Merle and him definitely had their own chemistry though. Here's one of my favs with the two of them playing together. So sad his son died very young, tragically.

I heard this song last week and it got stuck in my head.
Do you know what they call that?
An ear worm.
When I worked in a camp, many many years ago, we used to play this silly game. We'd hum or whistle a tune as you walk by your co-worker, and see if they get it caught in their heads. While it might sound difficult, it's not as hard as you might think. You just need a very catchy melody. I remember this song working very well for me. lol

When I worked in a camp, many many years ago, we used to play this silly game. We'd hum or whistle a tune as you walk by your co-worker, and see if they get it caught in their heads. While it might sound difficult, it's not as hard as you might think. You just need a very catchy melody.
it also helps if you can actually carry a tune.

When I was in college we would play a game where when a song came on the radio, the person who could name the artist first got a bong hit.

I was Soooo bad at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Veganite
it also helps if you can actually carry a tune.

When I was in college we would play a game where when a song came on the radio, the person who could name the artist first got a bong hit.

I was Soooo bad at it.
As the game wore on, though, you probably got better. (Your competitors, speaking kind of slowly and dazedly): "Oh, wow, man... I just KNOW I've heard that..."