Music What are you listening to now?

I've probably posted this song before, but the thread is "what are you listening to now" and I happen to like this song. I do listen to songs more than once, don't you? My problem with some songs is I play them so much I end up not liking them anymore. lol

Reactions: Lou and PTree15
I've probably posted this song before, but the thread is "what are you listening to now" and I happen to like this song. I do listen to songs more than once, don't you? My problem with some songs is I play them so much I end up not liking them anymore. lol
(bold/italic emphasis mine) I used to do that- although I never tired of Brahms' Symphony #4. I don't listen to it as often as I used to (which was about every 2 or 3 days). Tschaikowski's 5th Symphony and Randall Thompson's 2nd have been right up there with it since the 1970s, and they've all rotated for top place depending on my mood.

I'll ever stop liking "Kashmir" or "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" by Led Zeppelin, "Trail Of Broken Hearts" by k.d. lang, "Sealed With A Kiss" by Gary Lewis and the Playboys, or "So Very Hard To Go" by Tower Of Power either. Weird... those last 4 songs are kinda sad and I don't usually like sad songs- although these 4 are more cathartically/soothingly sad songs, not suicidally/depressingly sad.

• Love
Reactions: PTree15
@silva

I love Roxy Music and most Bryan Ferry solo stuff too. Those Ringo Starr songs bring back fond memories for me.

@Tom L.

I grew up listening and studying classical music for piano. I will never tire of those classics. That's a tough comparison to listening to folk and classic rock music. The songs that I tend to overplay are mostly songs I discover and like, so I keep playing them until I dislike the song.

Here's a lovely song I loved when I first heard it, but since playing it so many times, I have grown tired of it....but not quite sick of it. I do still love this song. It kind of has a haunting feel. I love her voice. She's Canadian, btw...

Reactions: Tom L. and PTree15
Not music but--
Libravox recording of Jane Austen's Pride and Prejudice, while working on a bit of needlework..10 hours total enough to get a few projects finished up.