Music What are you listening to now?

What is it Beatles week.
Oh, International Beatles week was last week.

years ago Mona and Lisa traveled to Liverpool for Beatles Week and put together this little tribute video.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Nice! I was only familiar with Led Zeppelin's version. I haven't listened to that much straight, traditional Blues, even though Rock is said to be rooted in it. "The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock 'n' Roll."

ETA: Posts 3618-3620- At last- some music with which I'm familiar! I do make an effort to keep up somewhat with new music (even though I'd probably stick out like a sore thumb at a live concert), and I know there's good new music coming out. But classical music has been my favorite since the 1970s.

Last edited:
Nice! I was only familiar with Led Zeppelin's version. I haven't listened to that much straight, traditional Blues, even though Rock is said to be rooted in it. "The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock 'n' Roll."

As much as I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, it's not big secret that they didn't credit many of the original artists that they stole their music from. There were countless other blues songs they stole. I loved Led Zep back in the day. It's just too bad they didn't credit the original artists.

I always loved that line though....and the tune "The Blues had a baby, and they named it Rock 'n' Roll.".

I'm listening to my local public radio station's interview with the Republican candidate for governor. I'm not a fan, but I still like to hear what he has to say.

As much as I am a huge Led Zeppelin fan, it's not big secret that they didn't credit many of the original artists that they stole their music from. There were countless other blues songs they stole. I loved Led Zep back in the day. It's just too bad they didn't credit the original artists.
One of my favorite Led Zep tunes is "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You", by Anne Bredon. When they recorded it, they thought it was a traditional ballad, long since in the public domain; Joan Baez had also recorded or performed it. IIRC, they eventually paid Ms Bredon the royalties and credit rightfully due her.

Stuff like this happens sometimes. I remember the issue about George Harrison's song "My Sweet Lord" having a melody VERY like The Chiffons' "He's So Fine", and (more recently) the Rolling Stone's "Has Anybody Seen My Baby" sounding like k.d. lang's "Constant Craving". Mick Jagger soon realized his daughter had a copy of lang's recording, and figured he had heard it without realizing it.

• Informative
Reactions: Blues
Stuff like this happens sometimes.

That is 100 percent true, which is why some artists simply don't pursue these types of lawsuits. With Led Zeppelin, however, it was a little more blatant. They surely knew the songs that they were using, some almost word for word, were not theirs to take credit for. I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan, but I did lose a lot of respect for them once I realized the truth.

They were even accused of stealing Stairway to Heaven. I believe they won their court case on that song. I think the estate of Willie Dixon won their case or settled out of court, not to mention others. The fact is Led Zep made their living off other people's songs. Did they do it with the intention to be disrespectful to those artists? I don't think in every case they were, although Bert Jansch might have disagreed.

Here's what wiki calls a partial list of songs. List of Led Zeppelin songs written or inspired by others - Wikipedia

• Informative
Reactions: Tom L. and Blues
I'm listening to my local public radio station's interview with the Republican candidate for governor. I'm not a fan, but I still like to hear what he has to say.
What state are you in. Hope its not FL or PA.