Music What are you listening to now?

I've become obsessed with Simply Red during the pandemic. My dad was a jazz musician, I am a Lana del Rey fan, I frequently listen to Chet Baker and tons of late 70s/early 80s Top 40 pop-jazz. But this was always too "adult" for me in the late 80s. Now I feel like it holds some mystery of the universe. I actually got an idea for an entire novel while listening to it.

Reactions: Val and Raven
I'll never forget this moment about 10 years ago where my sister and I bonded over this song. I couldn't believe she was so much like me, so much like my grandparents. I wish I could find a marriage partner who surprised me the same way my (vegetarian) sister did. Because in every way she's also my most disappointing sister, drug use and etc. My life is a Rob Zombie film. But my sister, that one day, I'll never forget it in her apartment, feeling like I loved her so much, like understanding how twins feel. I remembered 10 years before that, when we were teens, my mother saying we were more like sisters than my other two. So this song to my mom, to my sisters, to my ladies.

Julie and the Phantoms is a Netflix Original. I started watching it cause I needed something silly/stupid. But I ended up really liking it. Binged watched the whole season in two days.

Here is one of the songs.

Reactions: Val
I've been listening to the Police's "Synchronicity I" (not Synchronicity II) over and over. Helps me to focus on work.

• Friendly
90s music on a music channel.

Things that make you go hmm, remember that song? :laughing: