Music What are you listening to now?

discovered these guys on YouTube. then spent a half hour trying to figure out which song I liked the best. they have so many good ones. but maybe this is my favorite.

Reactions: Brian W
The first and last of those 3 songs are quite old/traditional. "Shannon" was recorded in the '60s or'70s: I think it's about a family's pet dog who gets carried away by a current and lost when she's swimming in the ocean, and the family never stops missing her, hoping against hope that "...maybe she'll find an island with a shady tree... just like the one in our back yard...." I'm of largely Irish descent, and often enjoy listening to Celtic music, but "Danny Boy" just hits me the wrong way, even though it's quite popular.

I might listen to some Darkthrone on YouTube, if anything by them is posted there. I've always thought that music can be cathartic/helpful if it addresses a dark mood the right way for a particular listener. I'm thinking of "Babe I'm Gonna Leave You" and "In My Time Of Dying", both by Led Zeppelin.

ETA: I liked the "Positive Affirmations" song/video you posted. Fortunately, I had the volume turned down before it started. :D Gonna look for some "Darkthrone" now....

ETAA: I just listened to the title track from "Blaze In The Northern Sky". Not bad!!!
A Blaze In The Northern Sky is evil. I love it. Glad you also found it enjoyable. :)

When there's too much talking
I like to go out walking
I never know how long I'll be
It depends who's asking
I commune with nature
(He communes)
Life can be so easy
(Easy)
Out in the great wide open
Where nobody can call me
(Nobody can call)

Yes I'm a free spirit, baby