Music What are you listening to now?

Luca Turilli - Kings of The Nordic Twilight

Rhapsody - Queen of The Dark Horizons

Last edited by a moderator:
this should get your heart pumping

How Mountain Girls Can Love cover (originally by the Stanley Brothers)

• Love
Reactions: Val
Listening to some Oldies this morning and this song just jumped out at me and bit me on the ***. Perfect for this time. Perfect for this forum.

Jackie DeShannon - Put A Little Love in Your Heart

Reactions: Val and Blues
I woke up to horrible news this morning. RIP to a wonderful man, song writer, and entertainer. You will be missed, but your music and words never forgotten. Another very sad casualty of Covid-19. I hope he's sippin' that vodka and ginger ale he sang about.

I know this is supposed to be a romantic love song, but it is my communal love song to Gen Z from my Grandparent's Silent Generation:

I feel we were due for another Silent Generation, and I loved Gen Z so much when I worked with them ,as a Millennial, a very strangely cooperative and chaste generation, embodying all those Millennial fantasies of vegetable gardens and home canning.

And now they have to face this.

It's so classic for people to hate the older generation. And I do hate most Boomers, because of their ACTUAL REAL LIFE SELFISH DESTRUCTION. But I adore the Silents. And, as an elder, I welcome Gen Z with a love that is past judgement.

EDIT: Carly Simon was born in the last year of the Silents, and this is indicative of their romantic view and sense of responsibility. I also remember my grandfather's older sister Kate literally reduced to tears by this song. While it popped up in Boomer time this song is very Silent. I also don't hate all Boomers obviously, but collectively they've all been on cruise ships and increased meat consumption and you have to understand how hard it is for us to see it, and such an act of love to be able to see "our" children as Millennials coming up like our sensible, unselfish grandparents. What a relief, what a humbling experience. What a gift. And what a tragedy to them, that we owe them our very best!!!

Last edited: