Literature What are you currently reading?

Reading “Eternal Frontier” some more James H. Schmitz science fiction short stories.
Pretty awesome, considering they were written some 7 decades ago, but still make for great reading.

As a contrast, I also read “Triplanetary”, the first book in the supposedly famous “Lensman” series, and it was quite horrible, has not aged well at all.

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Finished "Stranded" by Alex Kava. It was a really good serial killer thriller. There is a series with the main characters who are FBI profilers. I will find more. This was about a killer who lures his victims at highway rest stops and then does unspeakable things to them. The plot was very "Criminal Minds" like and not for the squeamish. Recommended if you like that sort of thing!

• Informative
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Finished "Stranded" by Alex Kava. It was a really good serial killer thriller. There is a series with the main characters who are FBI profilers. I will find more. This was about a killer who lures his victims at highway rest stops and then does unspeakable things to them. The plot was very "Criminal Minds" like and not for the squeamish. Recommended if you like that sort of thing!

I have put the first one of this series on hold and found a short story in a First Thrills book so looking forward to seeing if I like her.

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: PTree15
I found another YA fantasy/romance series called "The Iron Fey." Book one is The Iron King" and I enjoyed it and would like to read the whole series. It is about Meghan Chase, a 16 year old who is bullied at school and feels she never fits in. Then she must go on a quest to save her little 4 year old half-brother into Nevernever, the fey world where she discovers she is the daughter of King Oberon, Lord of the Summer Court. To save her brother, she faces many obstacles and monsters and meets the Prince of the Winter Court. There is also a very important character who is an intelligent talking cat!
A fun read! The second book is only available as an ebook at the library.

Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
I found another YA fantasy/romance series called "The Iron Fey."
That sounds like some of the latter Dresden Files. In the latter books he is a knight of the winter court.
There are like 20 of them. I've read them all pretty much as they came out. they are a lot of fun.

You might also like Terry Brooks. I like his Magic Kingdom series.

there is one more that I can't remember the name or the author...maybe it will come to me.

I have had a message that two more library books are ready. It seems like i was waiting ages and then they all arrive at once! I will read the three books I have before I pick up the others.
That happens to me all the time, too.

Not so much of a big deal not that my library doesn't impose fines anymore. but I do feel guilty if someone else is waiting for that book so I still read them as fast as I can.

I have had a message that two more library books are ready. It seems like i was waiting ages and then they all arrive at once! I will read the three books I have before I pick up the others.

That happens to me a lot. I try to only put like 2 on hold and a lot shelved for later now. I had 3 out and 2 in library hold recently.

Reactions: Raven and PTree15
I feel naked if I don't have at least 3 in my 'ready to read' list and 15 or so on Hold - currently 7 in my 'reading list' and 24 on hold

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: Raven
My husband did pick up the library books so I have 5 now to read as well as the reflexology book.

The two new ones are The Dream Home by TM Logan and Five Survive by Holly Jackson. Both are thrillers.

Adding to my above post. There is a movie off the book with Liam Neeson coming out sometime.

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC
^ The Therapist by BA Paris was one of the best books I have read in a while. It was a page turner!

• Informative
Reactions: Emma JC