Literature What are you currently reading?

My niece just turned me onto the Z-Library

The world's largest collection of ebooks.
Free!
The books are in ePub form so they work great with Apple Books.
I use a program called Calibre to organize my ebooks and it can covert ePub books to Kindle friendly books.

I just added a couple of books to my old Kindle and to my old iPhone.

As far as I can tell there are no waiting and they have lots of popular, brand new, and hard to find books.

📚📚

Finished "Sea of Tranquility" by Emily St. John Mandel. I am still trying to decide how I feel about this book. She is a great writer and has a really impressive imagination. I have read a couple of her other books and this one is just almost too strange. It was released this year.

received this from the library and a few chapters in

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

The newest C.J. Archer novels are in Z-Library.
The search by author needs some refinement.
I started The Librarian of Crooked Lane last night

Reactions: Emma JC
My niece just turned me onto the Z-Library

The world's largest collection of ebooks.
Free!
The books are in ePub form so they work great with Apple Books.
I use a program called Calibre to organize my ebooks and it can covert ePub books to Kindle friendly books.

I just added a couple of books to my old Kindle and to my old iPhone.

As far as I can tell there are no waiting and they have lots of popular, brand new, and hard to find books.

📚📚
Thanks for that! I bought a book from Amazon the other day and then remembered to check that Z library you mentioned and they had it on there. I returned the book to Amazon for a refund.:)

I am about half way through a very interesting, though disturbing, true crime book called "Hell Town" by Casey Sherman. It is about a late 1960's serial killer on Cape Cod. It is written more like a novel and goes into great detail about the killer. It also features the famous authors, Norman Mailer and Kurt Vonnegut Jr., who lived in the area. The killer is a very smart, handsome young drug dealer, very charming, and targets young women. The descriptions of his horrible crimes are too disturbing and I had to skip over some of it. It is fascinating how the investigation plays out and I am looking forward to finding out what happens but I had to stop reading for a while.

I'm going to start The Paris Apartment - Lucy Foley next week.
That was pretty rubbish and I only rated it 3 stars out of 5.

I can't remember if I said that I bought a new kindle and I have set myself a target and am going to try and finish all the books on my kindle by the end of October. I have 11 of them (I read quickly) but I might skip some and delete them if I don't like them. Some books I have had on there for ages, it is ridiculous.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
"Sea of Tranquility" by Emily St. John Mandel

nope, couldn't be bothered reading it - read about a third and am taking it back today

Emma JC
Yeah that book was really weird. I did finish it but now I can't remember a thing about it other than it was strange.

• Agree
Finished 'Hamnet' by Maggie O'Farrell. The best book I've read this year. Lyrical prose that is so wonderful and engaging - places the reader in each scene with a depth most writers cannot touch. (Somewhat apropos since one of the characters is a world renowned playwright.) The ordinary becomes sublime with Ms. O'Farrell's pen. A great work of historical fiction, and a glorious celebration of the English language. Every English professor should be handing this out as assigned reading. Brilliant and immensely enjoyable.

This one finally came in from the library and have just started... fingers crossed it is as good as described.

Emma JC

I finished the book I was reading. It was very interesting though extremely disturbing. The author got inside the killer's head and how he tried to manipulate and deceive the investigators. While there were 4 bodies discovered, they could only get enough evidence on 2 victims. They thought he had other victims as well but nothing was ever proven. The book had a lot of history about 1969 which was a very unsettling time in the US. The author has written true crime books which have been made into the movies, "The Finest Hours" and "Patriots Day".

• Informative
I read The Girl Upstairs by Georgina Lees yesterday. I read it has been compared to Gone Girl and The Girl on the Train. I would give it 4 out of 5 stars. It was good, but nothing special. I could imagine it being turned into a film.

• Informative
I wanted to read more celeb autobiographies so I got the Jessica Simpson and the Leah Remini books from Z Library.

I want to read the Matthew Perry one when I comes out on the 1st November. I might just buy the hard copy as my husband will read it too.

Since the hurricane took out the power, I have read 3 books.
"Fragile" by Lisa Unger. This is a crime drama which deals with several layers. There is a lot of family drama and the characters are compelling. I liked it a lot and will look for other books by this author.
"The Cat Who Sniffed Glue" by Lilian Jackson Braun. This is an older book written in the 80's. It is part of a series about a man and his cats and how they get into all kinds of trouble solving crimes. Light-hearted easy read which I enjoyed and will look for more in the series.
"Fair Warning" by Michael Connelly. I have read several of this author's Harry Bosch series. Another crime story that was pretty good.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
"The Cat Who Sniffed Glue" by Lilian Jackson Braun. This is an older book written in the 80's. It is part of a series about a man and his cats and how they get into all kinds of trouble solving crimes. Light-hearted easy read which I enjoyed and will look for more in the series.
Oh! I used to read those - back in the 80s.
Wasn't it like the cats maybe solved the crimes.
I Think I remember one where his typewriter had keys that didn't work so all his S's and E's were replaced with $'s and 3's.

Oh! I used to read those - back in the 80s.
Wasn't it like the cats maybe solved the crimes.
I Think I remember one where his typewriter had keys that didn't work so all his S's and E's were replaced with $'s and 3's.
Yeah the cats help solve the mystery! Fun times! I am going to see if the library has some of these.

I just finished "Darkness, My Old Friend" by Lisa Unger. It is the sequel to "Fragile" and continues where that one off. I really like these characters and the author has developed them so well, they seem like real people and you care about them. All of them are very complicated people with strengths and flaws. The story is also very compelling. Our main character again is solving a cold case disappearance. It helps to have read the first book for background but not totally necessary. I am hoping there will be another book about the small town of Hollows and it's very interesting citizens.