Literature What are you currently reading?

I am still waiting on that one from the library. Last time I checked I was #21 on the list. I have just read "Artemis" by Andy Weir. I thoroughly enjoyed it!
finished it now and it was good and worth waiting for

now reading Send Down the Rain by Charles Martin and am enjoying it - I couldn't finish his last one A Life Intercepted, it just didn't hold my interest, so I returned it and put it on Hold and will maybe try again later - I do so enjoy his writing and not sure why that one didn't do it for me

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

Reactions: KLS52
stayed up very late finishing yet another Charles Martin book "The Water Keeper" ... loved it and then realized that I had already read the follow up to it and so put it on Hold again so I can put it in context, there is a third coming out next year - I also finished and loved Send Down the Rain

now reading a real book Lucy Clark Will Not Apologize - I think it is a YR book but it is interesting so far

as I was typing this I checked my "Shelf" and another Charles Martin book is now borrowed "Maggie" so I will be reading that too

Emma JC

Last edited:
I am finally reading "The Handmaid's Tale". I bought it on my Kindle app. I didn't see the series so it is all new to me. I had only a vague idea about what it was about. I am not very far into it yet but OMG.

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC
I haven't read it, but the premise is enough to completely turn me off because I feel like we're headed in that direction, and that scares the crap out of me. Too real.
Yeah it is extremely scary and already pretty disturbing. I read dystopian stuff all the time though and with all the talk about this, I thought I needed to read it.

Yeah it is extremely scary and already pretty disturbing. I read dystopian stuff all the time though and with all the talk about this, I thought I needed to read it.
It's supposedly really good. I read dystopian stuff as well, but that one was just too much. I never watched the TV show, either. :D

I heard about the TV show and didn't the main actor win an award? I remember a bunch of publicity and saw a couple trailers but I don't have Netflix (is that where it's on?).

I heard about the TV show and didn't the main actor win an award? I remember a bunch of publicity and saw a couple trailers but I don't have Netflix (is that where it's on?).
Not sure on either count. :D.

I'm pretty sure the main actress won a few. I've always like her since she was the President's daughter on West wing.

I'm pretty sure its on Amazon.

It’s too scary for me. I’m so curious because I see a lot of discussion about it online but I just can’t. Rory from Gilmore Girls is in it and I really would have liked to watch it to see her but I know it’s not for me.

stayed up very late finishing yet another Charles Martin book "The Water Keeper" ... loved it and then realized that I had already read the follow up to it and so put it on Hold again so I can put it in context, there is a third coming out next year - I also finished and loved Send Down the Rain

now reading a real book Lucy Clark Will Not Apologize - I think it is a YR book but it is interesting so far

as I was typing this I checked my "Shelf" and another Charles Martin book is now borrowed "Maggie" so I will be reading that too

Emma JC

finished Lucy Clark Will Not Apologize and it was a teen book and yet quite interesting

now reading Maggie but didn't read the prequel to it as it is only available at a library that is about 20 miles away and not part of my library system directly so would have to go there to get it....

Emma JC

Finished "The Handmaid's Tale". It ended really bizarrely! I am going to read the sequel and have reserved it at the library. The TV series is on Hulu and I may try to find a way to watch it just to see how close they stay to the book.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and PTree15
currently reading the Reader's Digest on my library app - as a kid we always had the Reader's Digest and the National Geographic sent to our home so have always loved both

Emma JC

Reactions: PTree15
just started another Charles Martin book which I picked up at the library Water From my Heart

Emma JC
I found a couple of Charles Martin books on Hoopla. I started the audio book of The Water Keeper but didn't like it - maybe it was the narrator. Going to try the e-book next.

on my phone I am reading the 4th of the Julie McElwain books Betrayal in Time - I have the 5th on order and apparently a 6th is being written and will be out in 2022

Emma JC