what are these guys

Blues

Forum Legend
Supporter
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegetarian
The clip is irrelevant , but UK politics is rather amusing, the guys who stand in the middle between the two parties @1:32 ....what is their function and at the end of someone's speech, half the room seem to jump up ....what's it mean .

Many thanks for some feed back

the guy in the middle is The Speaker of the House*, and he basically chairs the debate...at the moment, I think he is a Conservative MP.....he can't vote in the votes, as he is supposed to be impartial.

People stand up because they want to say something to parliament, and if they are chosen by the speaker, then they get to say whatever it is they want to say, and all the others sit down.

*Speaker of the House of Commons (United Kingdom) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The clip is irrelevant , but UK politics is rather amusing, the guys who stand in the middle between the two parties @1:32 ....what is their function and at the end of someone's speech, half the room seem to jump up ....what's it mean .

Many thanks for some feed back
I would like to know about that gold stuff on the table in the center.

the guy in the middle is The Speaker of the House*, and he basically chairs the debate...at the moment, I think he is a Conservative MP.....he can't vote in the votes, as he is supposed to be impartial.
Thanks' for the reply Blobb . Yerh we have a speaker of the house to Bloob , ...What I meant ,is @1:38 at the top of the clip is the speaker as you pointed out but at the bottom of the clip there are about 15 guys between the two parties standing .

Last edited:
Thanks' for the reply Blobb . Yerh we have a speaker of the house to Bloob , ...What I meant ,is @1:48 at the top of the clip is the speaker as you pointed out but at the bottom of the clip there are about 15 guys between the two parties standing .

oh, I think they are just MPs who didn't get a seat....not sure why.