Alternatives to the Body Shops ginger shampoo?

Rory17

Forum Legend
Reaction score
What are some good vegan alternatives to the Body Shop’s ginger shampoo?

Hello 👋,
My mum thinks that the Body Shop’s ginger shampoo is the best one for me. However, that shampoo contains honey, which isn’t vegan or necessarily taken in a moral way...
I have been using other shampoos, but my hair gets really full of product through the shampoo not being lathered properly or rinsed out properly.
What are the best vegan (no honey or any other animal products) alternatives to this shampoo?
Thank you 😊 to the moon 🌒 and back.

Best Wishes to all,
Rory.
Have the best day and night ever!

I alternate using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle And Jason's Drandruf relief. Once a week I rinse with a mixture of apple cider vinegar.

Last edited:
Reactions: Emma JC
I alternate using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle And Jason's Drandruf relief. Once a week I rinse with a mixture of apple cider vinegar.
Lou - that vegan FB group I left last week was Vegan Trader Joe's and everyone there was saying all their products are tested on animals. I don't know of any reference for that, but it might be worth looking up, or possibly calling them and asking.

Lou - that vegan FB group I left last week was Vegan Trader Joe's and everyone there was saying all their products are tested on animals. I don't know of any reference for that, but it might be worth looking up, or possibly calling them and asking.

ummm.....

The bottle has a cruelty free "no bunny" sticker
PETA lists their products as cruelty-free
Cruelty-Free Kitty reports that all TJ's products are cruelty-free

My momma always told me that three things are enough evidence or something like that. Or maybe that was one of my teachers who always wanted three references.

Reactions: TofuRobot
ummm.....

The bottle has a cruelty free "no bunny" sticker
PETA lists their products as cruelty-free
Cruelty-Free Kitty reports that all TJ's products are cruelty-free

My momma always told me that three things are enough evidence or something like that. Or maybe that was one of my teachers who always wanted three references.

View attachment 1076
Well there you go - I knew there was a reason I left that group! Thanks for the clarification :)

I really like a brand called "Faith in Nature" Their products are vegan and cruelty free and smell incredible. The coconut one seems to have my hair looking it's best, but everyone's hair is different!

I'm not sure if they are only available in the UK, but if you see them wherever you may be, I would highly recommend.

I think the other one I like is Lavender and geranium - this one if perfect if you shower before bed. Really comforting and dreamy. :)

I don't know what country you're in, but I've been using Lush for decade or more now. Their labeling is very clear and they have loads of vegan options in soap, shampoo (liquid and bar varieties) and conditioners. I have seen them in both the UK where they started up and now over here in Australia where I now reside. I don't know about USA or Canada but I'll happily recommend them.

I don't know what country you're in, but I've been using Lush for decade or more now. Their labeling is very clear and they have loads of vegan options in soap, shampoo (liquid and bar varieties) and conditioners is aussie good for your hair. I have seen them in both the UK where they started up and now over here in Australia where I now reside. I don't know about USA or Canada but I'll happily recommend them.
I've been more and more interested in sulfate free/ more natural shampoos and conditioners, as I keep hearing more and more bad things about the stuff that's in most brands.
What I was wondering is if anybody has any experiences with these kinds of shampoos? I've tried the sugar beet shampoo from Burt's Bees and it was alright but nothing fantastic.
I've heard great things about John Masters Organics and ABBA brand but wanted to know if anyone here has any feedback on sulfate free/more natural brands they've tried.

Using a vegetable castile bar soap to wash hair and conditioning with a 50/50 of water with either lemon juice or ACV works great. Dr. Bronner's soap bars are great for this. I use a fine mist spray bottle for the 50/50 lemon or ACV with water and let that sit on hair and scalp for one minute. Get's my hair and scalp perfectly clean and residue free. Giovanni Tea Tree shampoo is great, too.