Watcha Drinkin?

I'm craving a cup of tea, but I have run out of teabags. I think I will pop to the shop and get some as we have a workman here tomorrow and he will probably want tea.

Don't faint from shock, but I'm drinking black coffee!! 😱😳🤮

😂 It's really bad but I want to try and build up a tolerance for it.

Reactions: Deleted member 3018
Don't faint from shock, but I'm drinking black coffee!! 😱😳🤮

😂 It's really bad but I want to try and build up a tolerance for it.
Are you having the same coffee you like with creamer? You may find you like a different blend. I used to take cream in I guess French roast, or dark roast. With my usual lighter roasts I never liked anything in them. For cold coffee I like a sweetened milk, esp chocolate almond.
Do you like things like cinnamon in coffee? I don't, but I know it's a thing. I've also heard the idea of adding a couple lentils to the grinds from people wanting to quit creamer. It lessens the acidity or something

Having my bedtime rooibos with my word games, but now I want coffee :fp:

• Informative
Reactions: KLS52
Why is that?
Calories lol. I've lost four pounds. Doing well but it's hard for someone like me who likes her snacks. I'm tracking everything I eat/drink. My coffee is 80 calories from four tablespoons of silk creamer and 15 calories from one teaspoon of sugar. So I start my day at 95 calories.

I would like a second or even a third cup some days but can't afford the calories, hence my trying to drink it black. It's all about choices. Choosing the apple or orange over a piece of cake, etc...this is my life for now. 🤷‍♀️ Until I get tired of it lol.

I was doing great for 8 years with keeping my weight down until my ER trip in 2021. That sent me off the rails for some reason. But I'm happy to be back on track.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Calories lol. I've lost four pounds. Doing well but it's hard for someone like me who likes her snacks. I'm tracking everything I eat/drink. My coffee is 80 calories from four tablespoons of silk creamer and 15 calories from one teaspoon of sugar. So I start my day at 95 calories.

I would like a second or even a third cup some days but can't afford the calories, hence my trying to drink it black. It's all about choices. Choosing the apple or orange over a piece of cake, etc...this is my life for now. 🤷‍♀️ Until I get tired of it lol.

I was doing great for 8 years with keeping my weight down until my ER trip in 2021. That sent me off the rails for some reason. But I'm happy to be back on track.

Life's too short to drink black coffee. I have no idea how many calories are in the soya milk that I add to my cup of coffee. :cool:

Life's too short to drink black coffee. I have no idea how many calories are in the soya milk that I add to my cup of coffee. :cool:
You’re obviously not as chubby as me. 😁 😂

• Haha
Reactions: shyvas
I get to enjoy my four ounces every morning with my creamer and sugar so I can be satisfied with that. 😊

Are you having the same coffee you like with creamer? You may find you like a different blend. I used to take cream in I guess French roast, or dark roast. With my usual lighter roasts I never liked anything in them. For cold coffee I like a sweetened milk, esp chocolate almond.
Do you like things like cinnamon in coffee? I don't, but I know it's a thing. I've also heard the idea of adding a couple lentils to the grinds from people wanting to quit creamer. It lessens the acidity or something

Having my bedtime rooibos with my word games, but now I want coffee :fp:
Good point. I definitely don't need it as strong as I do when I add creamer. But I'm also not willing to try different coffees because if I don't like it then I'll have to waste it. No way I'll drink it if it's not good. So hopefully I'll adjust to my dark roast.

Good point. I definitely don't need it as strong as I do when I add creamer. But I'm also not willing to try different coffees because if I don't like it then I'll have to waste it. No way I'll drink it if it's not good. So hopefully I'll adjust to my dark roast.
I understand.
I got this idea, that with dark roast, if it tastes too bitter one could make it lighter by adding less than normally. Like half of the normal amount of coffee grounds or something. Idk.
I got a big boy brain moment. /sarcasm
Just a thought.
You probably have thought about this already. I dunno what I'm babbling.

I'm drinking black coffee now and am thinking about adding oat drink.
Oatly has this new low-fat version and I got one carton of that. Normal Oatly has 1,5 % of fat the new one has 0,5 %.

I saw Oatly do a chocolate milk the other day. I've never tried that.

I'm drinking my morning sparkling water with lime.

I saw Oatly do a chocolate milk the other day. I've never tried that.

I'm drinking my morning sparkling water with lime.
The chocolate Oatly is good.
I sometimes get that with Vihis. It's a good combo.
Vihis is a vegan version of lihis, which is like this greasy meatpatty-thingy.
It's tasty.

Reactions: KLS52 and Raven
I used to buy chocolate soya milk all the time, but I haven't for a while. I will try the Oatly one next time.

I tried today the new low fat Oatly.
It has this weird light brown colour.
The taste was good, sweet.

But why is it brownish? I wonder if it'll make me sick. If it was spoiled or something.

I tried today the new low fat Oatly.
It has this weird light brown colour.
The taste was good, sweet.

But why is it brownish? I wonder if it'll make me sick. If it was spoiled or something.

Copied from the Oatly site: ''Slight color variation across our oatmilks is totally normal. Our Low-Fat oat milk can especially have a more beige color since there is no added oil''.