• 120g portobellini mushrooms, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon roasted garlic puree
  • 4 tablespoons chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
  • 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Prep: 30 mins | Cook: 10 mins
1.Preheat oven to 180 C / Gas 4. Spread walnuts in a single layer on a baking tray. Toast for 10 minutes, or until fragrant and lightly browned.

2.In a large saute pan, cook shallots in butter over medium heat until translucent. Then add chopped mushrooms, garlic, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring often, until most of the liquid has evaporated.

3.Process toasted walnuts and olive oil in a blender or food processor until mixture forms a thick paste. Spoon in the cooked mushroom mixture, and process to desired texture.

4.Pack mixture into well-oiled ramekins or bowl. Cover with cling film, and refrigerate for a few hours or overnight.

Reactions: Rosie1
:) It's the type of dish that I would serve if I had omni guests as it has so much flavour that they wouldn't notice it is free from meat and dairy, assuming they like mushrooms of course as some people don't.:p

:) It's the type of dish that I would serve if I had omni guests as it has so much flavour that they wouldn't notice it is free from meat and dairy, assuming they like mushrooms of course as some people don't.:p

Ditto! It looks great, I have a similar pate recipe (it's here) which is wrapped in puff pastry to make a vegan pate en croute, which I like to serve to guests with mash potato/new potatoes/roast potatoes and vegetables and onion gravy. Never fails to impress and it doesn't seem scary and full of vegetables haha. Plus I eat the left overs on bagels and it's really good.

Mmm I love the idea of the shallots and wild mushrooms... mmmm! I might take some ideas from this to modify my other pate recipe! Most of my favourite recipes seem to have some combination of mushrooms, nuts and pastry !