Walgreens Takeover - Boots

"Expanding globally with Alliance Boots will make quality healthcare more affordable and accessible to communities here in America and around the world."
That's not how it works, though. Monopolization tends to lead to less competition and therefore higher prices and worse quality, but more money in the pockets of the fat cats.

Reactions: Amy SF
I've never heard of Boots, but have shopped at Walgreens. I generally like them, except that they contribute to WWF. I remember when Rite-Aid bought Thrifty's, I was sad to see that happen. I liked Thrifty's much more than Rite-Aid.

Reactions: Amy SF
Every time I go in Boots I can't find anything I want and say "**** this I'm off to Superdrug". Maybe this will make it letter. it's already a huge corporation with its HQ in Switzerland (so I read) and Walgreens owned a large part anyway, so I cant see the big deal.

I believe it's part of their corporate "inversion" to avoid paying taxes in the US, in which a company buys a subsidiary and then claims that the subsidiary owns the company. Or something like that.