Veganuary

Lou

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
Veganuary is coming up fast. We should all do something special for Veganuary.
Let's all try to come up with some ideas to make this Veganuary something special.

Can we challenge someone to try vegan for a month? or how about a Vegan day at work? Renew a membership? Invent a new recipe? Read a new book or Watch a new movie and post a review. Host a vegan party.

If some of you are unfamiliar with the whole Veganuary concept you can check out its story herehttps://veganuary.com/blog/what-is-veganuary/

Last January I renewed my PETA membership and gave small donations to activists like Emily Moran-Barwick, and bought a tee shirt from the Vegan Zombie. Those are all easy and non-confrontational ways to do a little something. I was more confrontational on Twitter, a social media platform I have since decided is not great for my mental health.

Doing similar things this year will probably happen in some form, but I like your idea about vegan day or a vegan party. Hmmm.

So here is another Vegananuary gift idea

The 30 Day Vegan Challenge is normally $30 or $40. But right now its marked down to $5.99. It might make a good gift for someone who may be just V-curious. Or perhaps you might enjoy a refresher.

I took it years ago. Each day an e-mail arrives. Some are a short lesson you read. or an audio lecture you listen to. Some are a video presentation to watch. I don't think any were over 10 minutes. most of them are less than 5. It's a good mix of the practical and the inspirational. IMHO it's terrific. If you were to major in Veganism, this course would be V - 101. However, I usually recommend the 21-day kickstart because its free. And 30 or 40 bucks is sort of expensive. But now its just 6 bucks.

Oh, this is by Colleen Patrick Goudreau. A vegan author and chef. She has a very pleasant speaking voice and a very calm demeanour. A real pleasure to listen to.

Here is the link
http://www.30dayveganchallenge.com/...05aada20708700e8bb2c1690e5406720deb74af97ac24

Huh. I'm surprised we don't have more stuff for Veganuary.

Maybe they are somewhere else?

I'm not very social or a good cook, but if I were both, I would try to cook something vegan and give it as a gift to people.
Maybe that could be your Vegananuary resolution. Find something you can cook. Maybe pratice it a few times. and then give it to someone.

I was invited to a post New Years party and made PBJ cups. The party got covid canceled and I had to eat these all by myself :(

If this recipe doesn't do it for you I'm sure you can find another one.

Stews and soups are also pretty easy to make and you usually end up making more than you can eat. and with the cold weather everyone appreciates a bowl of soup.

Reactions: Lou and PTree15