Vegan shoes

I was actually aiming for pure vegan companies for that list. Maybe I am too strict with that thinking?

I love New Balance. And many of their shoes do not use leather. Back in the day, all I used to run in was New Balance. At some point I deemed them to be too expensive and that Brooks made shoes that were just as vegan -friendly (although in the Human Rights department - I love the NB are made in America. I sometimes worry that Brooks may employ Asian children).

Anyway, New Balance just added a new shoe to their line - one that they are advertising as vegan. I don't usually consider looks very highly when choosing runners but there is no way I'm buying these. But for those with a different fashion sense - these might just be the ticket. They have something to do with Jayden Smith, whoever that is.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.27.14 AM.png

Reactions: Val
Got another pair of Keep shoes, they will be here Friday

Reactions: Lou and Chryssie
I purchased a pair of black vegan loafers for £ 17 from Sainsbury's TU range. They also have vegan trainers :

Reactions: Chryssie
Jaden Smith is Will Smith's son, I bet those shoes are comfy though they are weird looking.
Only thing I don't like is that stupid N. I've tried so many NB and none fit right

Asics and Sauconies are my go to for vegan shoes, although the Sauconies I loved are soooo beat up, and obsolete :sigh:

I'd wear shoes made from my dead mother if they felt good, I have two leather pairs that are beyond anything else

• Friendly
Reactions: Lou
I checked out those Keep shoes. Now all the banners on my sites are for Keep shoes.

They even sent me an email and I never gave them my email address. Their marketing guys are good.

I once checked out wow internet and they texted me.
All I’m seeing right now are ads for bones coffee. I got their pumpkin spice.

I am not sure if I posted this before but I love JBU by Jambu. There are an extremely comfortable walking shoe that also looks casually "dressy" (good enough for either doing business or going on a low-key date) for women. They can easily be worn with slacks or a modest skirt, and have a Mary Jane-ish appearance updated for the 21st century, so IMO are stylish as well. They are like a cross between a hiking sandal and a feminine flat.
1599782854678.png

I would like to have a pair or two of Earth Hero shoes which are not only vegan but made from recycled materials and other biodegradable mass.

1599783495666.png

As it stands I wear a lot of lightly-used shoes since buying things second-hand is always vegan (in that it endangers no new animals) and more sustainable (no new production or delivery), no matter what they're made from.

I also wear Sloggers since I live in an area that is extremely rainy 4-6 months a year. They are vegan-friendly, though probably not made of the most sustainable material, I will wear them until they start to wear or rot then pass them on in a free pile, as I did with my last pair, to a homeless person who may tape them up if they like.

1599783740263.png

I am seeing those Cariuma shoe ads all over the place now! I really like those "MaryJane" shoes @Forest Nymph. I wonder if they have enough support for 5-6 hours on my feet on a hard floor! I could use some "lady like" shoes for work but I have to have comfort!

Reactions: Forest Nymph
I am seeing those Cariuma shoe ads all over the place now! I really like those "MaryJane" shoes @Forest Nymph. I wonder if they have enough support for 5-6 hours on my feet on a hard floor! I could use some "lady like" shoes for work but I have to have comfort!

They're extremely comfortable. I tend to walk a minimum of 2 miles a day, averaging 4-5 miles pre-Covid, and up to around 8 miles. If you have particular issues with your feet, you could easily add an orthopedic insole.

After looking on Amazon at the JBU shoes, I realized they looked very familiar. Turns out I have 2 pair that I have never worn because they don't fit me right. I may try them again though.

After looking on Amazon at the JBU shoes, I realized they looked very familiar. Turns out I have 2 pair that I have never worn because they don't fit me right. I may try them again though.
I have a pair of Jambu that a friend just loved- they also don't feel right, they rub the wrong places. Too bad because they all look so cute!
I'd love another pair of vegan Earth Shoes, I got one used on ebay but they're long out of circulation

I want to try those Jayden Smith NB's!

I had a pair of Earth sandals a very long time ago. I loved them and totally wore them out. I am always on a quest for comfortable shoes!

I had a pair of Earth sandals a very long time ago. I loved them and totally wore them out. I am always on a quest for comfortable shoes!
Just looked on ebay for them- many really nice, but leather...
I wore the original Earth in high school, only shoes I liked cause my toes are spread out. They were all widest at the toes, and flat across. And Dr Scholls exercise sandals! I got a pair a few years back that said 'original', but the cut into my foot badly. Not sure if vegan leather or not?

According to an article I just found, those Jaden Smith shoes were supposed to be available in July but I don't see them on the NB website. There is another article about a white version being delayed. The article said they would cost $150 which is too much for me!

• Sad
Reactions: silva

I'm sorry to hear that. I love these shoes and so does a colleague at my university (which is where I learned about them) - they beat the crap out of "Chinese shoes" which I think are super cute and are vegan, but they fall apart in less than a year unless you hardly ever wear them. I have a pair of adorable Chinese shoes, and I used to wear them in high school, but frankly they're worn and they were worn before I owned them for a year. I have had my JBUs for over a year and can wear them anywhere, including carrying a heavier load of groceries or back pack, which I can't necessarily do with Chinese shoes, which are adorable and comfortable but don't have that fantastic support on the soles, either.

I find them durable as long as it's not rainy or muddy. I feel more secure on a day hike in JBUs than a pair of old-school Vans I also wear. Vans (and Converse, et al) really suck in terms of foot support and ability to manage steep hilly areas, I don't feel as secure in my footing.