Vegan shoes

hungryraccoon

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I've been wanting some docs for ages. I WILL have some.

They're supposedly very uncomfortable until they're worn in. Seems you've been lucky. :D

OP
OP
peewit

peewit

Newcomer
Reaction score
I've been wanting some docs for ages. I WILL have some.

They're supposedly very uncomfortable until they're worn in. Seems you've been lucky. :D

Possibly not, as I've only worn them around the house so far, the real test is tomorrow....

*prepares for sore feet & legs*

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
UK/US might be different but
I know that in the UK:

Rocketdog shoes are vegan. They do make leather ones BUT if their shoes/boots are synthetic uppers then the glue is animal free.

Ironfist-Vegan glues

Irregular Choice have a vegan range

And I have reason to believe a brand called Marco Tozzi is vegan. I bought some boots by that name on a website called Boheme or somethng like that and they told me they only sell 100% vegan items. I guess its a trust thing but the boots were amazing!

M

Moll Flanders

^ I have some by Bourgeois Boheme and they are very well made.

I bought some sandals from Alternative Stores the other month and they were very cheap but I haven't worn them yet actually so I don't know how hardwearing they are yet.

Alice-Bee

Mad as A Hatter
Reaction score
Whats Toms?

Do BB have their own label?

I do keep emailing shops and places but I rarely get replies. I have some Gothy style shoes from a company called Inamagura but they are hard to get these days :confused:

Spang

Foot Fetisher
Reaction score
I'm still in the market for vegan shoes, but I haven't found any that I like yet.

Lord Snot

Parsley Provider
Reaction score
I've bought trainers from the vegetarian shoe shop in Brighton before (also available online) but to be honest, most of their shoes are not to my taste. I don't really have the money to spend £100 on a pair so I bought some normal trainers last time... I'm not sure how likely it is that they will have vegan glues. Next time I will look into the brands mentioned here.

C

Capstan

02353_090--up_primary_big.jpg

Not too shabby. I've worn them over a Wisconsin winter, and they're holding up well. Note- they are not insulated.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/baggy-canvas-5680.html

Reactions: thinman
M

mlp

Hmm I was awarded the 2011 Imelda Marcos Award for having over seventy pairs of vegan shoes. :oops:

LOL - I used to get that award, but I have pared down to about half a dozen. Never thought that would happen - I had such a love affair with shoes.

02353_090--up_primary_big.jpg

Not too shabby. I've worn them over a Wisconsin winter, and they're holding up well. Note- they are not insulated.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/baggy-canvas-5680.html

Capstan!

I like the tread on those - I will have to keep those boots in mind - probably more acceptable for winter errands than my mucky barn boots. :p

I have purchased a few pairs of Sanita vegan shoes at a good price from an eBay seller who apparently bought up a boatload of Sanita salesmen samples. Lucky for me, my shoe size is the size that they use for samples.

Poppy

Forum Legend
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan
I have 3 pairs of J-41s (two of which are sandals), 2 pairs of Danskos, and one pair of Tom's for my basic shoe wardrobe. I supplement with cheap flip-flops, man-made boots, fabric heels and non-leather sandals.