Vegan shoes

I've been wanting some docs for ages. I WILL have some.

They're supposedly very uncomfortable until they're worn in. Seems you've been lucky. :D

I've been wanting some docs for ages. I WILL have some.

They're supposedly very uncomfortable until they're worn in. Seems you've been lucky. :D

Possibly not, as I've only worn them around the house so far, the real test is tomorrow....

*prepares for sore feet & legs*

UK/US might be different but
I know that in the UK:

Rocketdog shoes are vegan. They do make leather ones BUT if their shoes/boots are synthetic uppers then the glue is animal free.

Ironfist-Vegan glues

Irregular Choice have a vegan range

And I have reason to believe a brand called Marco Tozzi is vegan. I bought some boots by that name on a website called Boheme or somethng like that and they told me they only sell 100% vegan items. I guess its a trust thing but the boots were amazing!

^ I have some by Bourgeois Boheme and they are very well made.

I bought some sandals from Alternative Stores the other month and they were very cheap but I haven't worn them yet actually so I don't know how hardwearing they are yet.

Whats Toms?

Do BB have their own label?

I do keep emailing shops and places but I rarely get replies. I have some Gothy style shoes from a company called Inamagura but they are hard to get these days :confused:

I'm still in the market for vegan shoes, but I haven't found any that I like yet.

I've bought trainers from the vegetarian shoe shop in Brighton before (also available online) but to be honest, most of their shoes are not to my taste. I don't really have the money to spend £100 on a pair so I bought some normal trainers last time... I'm not sure how likely it is that they will have vegan glues. Next time I will look into the brands mentioned here.

02353_090--up_primary_big.jpg

Not too shabby. I've worn them over a Wisconsin winter, and they're holding up well. Note- they are not insulated.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/baggy-canvas-5680.html

Reactions: thinman
Hmm I was awarded the 2011 Imelda Marcos Award for having over seventy pairs of vegan shoes. :oops:

LOL - I used to get that award, but I have pared down to about half a dozen. Never thought that would happen - I had such a love affair with shoes.

02353_090--up_primary_big.jpg

Not too shabby. I've worn them over a Wisconsin winter, and they're holding up well. Note- they are not insulated.

http://www.palladiumboots.com/shop/us-men/us-men-footwear/baggy-canvas-5680.html

Capstan!

I like the tread on those - I will have to keep those boots in mind - probably more acceptable for winter errands than my mucky barn boots. :p

I have purchased a few pairs of Sanita vegan shoes at a good price from an eBay seller who apparently bought up a boatload of Sanita salesmen samples. Lucky for me, my shoe size is the size that they use for samples.

I have 3 pairs of J-41s (two of which are sandals), 2 pairs of Danskos, and one pair of Tom's for my basic shoe wardrobe. I supplement with cheap flip-flops, man-made boots, fabric heels and non-leather sandals.