Vegan shoes

He used to. ;) Quite a few of them!

Nice! While the some of Altra's shoes are "loud", they're some of the best you can buy for long distance endurance running, and walking too. But naturally, you have to be pretty serious about running to drop that sort of change on running shoes. My next pair of shoes for sure :D

Reactions: MadamSarcastra
can anyone help, i am looking to get a pair of Dr Martens - veggie version, but i want to know, in terms of the fit, are they the same, does it take as long as the leather ones to break into?

For running shoes, I typically take a list of common vegan running shoes to my local shoestore, see which ones they have on stock, and then try them out with the video analysis to find the right one.

Normally end up with one of the re-incarnations of the ASICS GT2060 that somehow fits my running style.

Something very strange ... have bought a pair of Vegetarian Shoes Bush Boot, and whenever I am wearing that one, my feet get really smelly :mad:

I am a bit sensible to that, as I am the only one in my family not having smelly feet - in my wife's family, everybody has horribly stinky feet, and my kids have also unfortunately inherited that trait. So my shoes are normally the only ones that do not need to be put out on the balcony or subjected to other deodorizing measures - until that one pair of shoes.

I recently bought some vegan shoes from TOMS. They have a policy where every time a TOMS product is purchased, a person in need is helped. I didn't realise this before I bought the shoes but it sounds like a good idea.

I like Sketchers too.

I find them very comfortable.

Reactions: PTree15
using vegan shoes will help the world lot, but what about their quality and they last longer or not then non-vegan shoes ??
and if they stand out for our expectations then it's going to be revolutionary.

using vegan shoes will help the world lot, but what about their quality and they last longer or not then non-vegan shoes ??
and if they stand out for our expectations then it's going to be revolutionary.
What sorts/styles of shoes do you prefer to wear?

And greetings to you! :wave:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jinendra Singh
What sorts/styles of shoes do you prefer to wear?

And greetings to you! :wave:
it all depends on the occasion. as currently, I wear sneakers, when I'm in the gym I use gym shoes when I'm for a formal meet I use formals shoes, but ya I prefer non-leather shoes on each occasion. Because they are light in weight and eco-friendly and more comfortable.

it all depends on the occasion. as currently, I wear sneakers, when I'm in the gym I use gym shoes when I'm for a formal meet I use formals shoes, but ya I prefer non-leather shoes on each occasion. Because they are light in weight and eco-friendly and more comfortable.
Well, I'm a one (or two) shoe kinda gal... mostly sneakers... but I know there are very sturdy vegan-leather shoes & boots out there.

Whereabouts are you? And do you order things online or prefer (as I do) to shop in-store?

Last edited:
You can also do a search for "vegan" on sites like zappis.com and 6PM.com.

Jambu, Merrell, Dansko, Birkenstock, Sanita (all makers of quality, comfortable shoes), etc. all have some vegan versions.

Last edited:
You can also do a search for "vegan" on sites like zappis.com and 6PM.com.

Jambu, Merrell, Dansko, Birkenstock, Sanita (all makers of quality, comfortable shoes), etc. all have some vegan versions.
sure I'll consider your suggestion and I know one website that is providing a vegan shoe and well as other vegan products i.e. addresschic

I found it quite painful to find vegan shoes online, it seemed many of the vegan brands didn't have any visibility. I had found some of the better-known brands like wills, vegetarian shoes, and few of the other above-mentioned brands from forums, etc. and kept them bookmarked.

So during corona lockdown, I thought to make use of the extra time and uploaded the ones I found on a website: 80+ Best Brands for Vegan Shoes (100% Vegan Shoe Brands)

What do you think? Missing any popular ones? It features companies from a mix of locations.