Vegan Meat (beyond meat)

I just tried Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers because I had a coupon. There is no way this resembles meat! It is good though. You can have burgers that are not at all like meat if that bothers you. I do like Impossible and Beyond Burgers but they are costly. I only buy the Beyond products on sale or with a coupon.

I find Beyond products at so many prices. Last time I bought the pound of ground for $5.99. The burgers are on sale at $3.99 sometimes.
Always check online for a coupon- I always use one right from Beyond.
The sausages though are usually $7.99 here, and rarely on sale.
I have to say, lasagna with just Beyond meat, FYH parm, tofu ricotta with olives---that made me very happy!
If I grew up on lasagna with zucchini and carrots I'm sure I wouldn't like it that way, but I didn't and I don't

I've had Beyond Burgers a couple of times in restaurants. Mostly out of curiosity. At the Counter, I prefer their own Bean burger over the BB.
I did have a Beyond Bratwurst at another restaurant and I thought it was great.

My favorite at the store is the Field Roast Apple Sage Sausage. I do like to have some patties in the freezer. For emergencies or for convenience. Historically it has been the Vegan Boca Burger because for the longest time that was the only completely vegan choice. but now there are lots of choices and I do appreciate it. Trader Joe's has a couple of patties I like.

I have had, and made 'carrot dogs'. They're marinated in a mixture with liquid smoke and on plant based forums have many fans.
I actually love steamed or boiled carrots. Carrots for me have a taste that nothing can mask. I don't even like them roasted because I need that taste toned down.
A carrot dog tastes like a hot dog flavored carrot.
That is disgusting.
Carrot and potato 'chese' sauces are also disgusting IMO. (although I did sub cauliflower for the carrots and that's quite okay, IMO)

• Wow
Reactions: Emma JC and David3
I find Beyond products at so many prices. Last time I bought the pound of ground for $5.99. The burgers are on sale at $3.99 sometimes.
Always check online for a coupon- I always use one right from Beyond.
The sausages though are usually $7.99 here, and rarely on sale.
I have to say, lasagna with just Beyond meat, FYH parm, tofu ricotta with olives---that made me very happy!
If I grew up on lasagna with zucchini and carrots I'm sure I wouldn't like it that way, but I didn't and I don't
Wow, I've never seen them in my area any lower than $5.99, which would be fine if there were 4, but they come in packages of 2, I believe.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
The Beyond Burgers are usually $5.99 at Publix and sometimes (rarely) go on sale for buy one get one free. The sausages are $8.99 and sometimes go on BOGO. The ground which I haven't tried yet is $9.99 which is ridiculous!

• Friendly
Reactions: David3 and Emma JC
Some very interesting points of view on this I must say. I personally don’t do fake anything and after 50 years of eating the genuine article have no desire to continue with anything that at all ressembles it! That was then and this is now - I’ve moved on and enjoy eating the delicious creations that nature gives us from her heart. I feel that there is a more deep seated connection with the earth when one keeps to simplicity. Avoiding processed foods and their inherent side effects - salt,sugar, & fat to name but a few, is without doubt better for your health. And I think most of us would try to look after the health of any animal in our care with the appropriate diet too. Not always easy I know!
The obsession with protein is ridiculous and a massive business where companies compete with super high protein products to lure the consumers who truly believe they need it! Unfortunately there is a lot of conflicting information
out there and it is sometimes extremely confusing and difficult to make the right choices. We should all learn by our mistakes and move on as a constantly evolving species destined for higher things - hopefully! 🙏🏽