Vegan Butter Beer

I didn't watch the video but the article quotes the YouTuber as saying it has a "mapley butterscotch" smell.

according to TripAdvisor, "Butterbeer tastes like cream soda with a very thick whipped topping on top that tastes like butterscotch. It's very good but also VERY sweet."

I wonder if it is as good as the Butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks.

Ok. I went and watched the video which is less about the butterbeer and more about the organization and the work they did to get Universal to change the formula so that it would be dairy-free.

My first thoughts was "really, that shouldn't have been too hard. For after all cream soda does not really have cream in it. " but a quick trip to Wikipedia and I learned that historically cream soda did have cream in it and even to this day some cream sodas do contain dairy.

My second thought was, that was a lot of effort to put into a pretty niche product. Perhaps they should have put their effort into something more worthwhile or that would have a bigger impact.

but who am I to judge, the Grateful Dead now has a line of vegan deodorants. How weird is that?

Also maybe Vegan Butterbeer was just a test run or for practice. Today Vegan Butterbeer. Tomorrow Vegan Berti Botts Every Flavor Beans and Vegan Chocolate Frogs!

Last edited:
Actually, although i want to try a butterbeer, I would really like one of those mugs

Bottled-Butterbeer-Tankard-Bottle4_800x800.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Lou