Vegan Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Is Alpro soy based? I find the soy based ones to be better than almond or coconut milk. The cashew milk ones are good too imo.

Is Alpro soy based? I find the soy based ones to be better than almond or coconut milk. The cashew milk ones are good too imo.

Yes, except for the coconut one. They are the best non dairy ice cream that I've ever tasted ; creamy, not sweet and mid ranged as far as price ( between £ 2.50 and £ 3.50 ) is concerned. It's madness to fork out £ 6 for ice cream !!!

Ice Cream | Alpro

How about Breyers almond- cookies and cream?
I recently had a dairy ice cream binge :oops:. I soooo wanted it to make me sick, but it didn't.
I liked Ben & Jerrys ok the first time I tried it, the second time was just disappointing. I guess somethings you should avoid trying to replace. I guess Pierres dark chocolate sorbet may be my favorite
This is a big reason I wish I liked banana! Other fruits you can make sorbet with, with cashew cream and stuff, but I don't find those satisfying. I was an ice cream freak!

I haven’t found any of Breyers non dairy ice cream in my stores. :(

They have new ones, too.
0280CC87-4460-4EF8-B9C8-BCB0D2442276.jpeg 8A6A16F5-314E-43F0-9777-23DD33DCA1B4.jpeg

Not coconut nor peanut butter :eek:
Nor butter pecan, candy bits, peach, -I think that clears it!

I love fudge swirls, but not chunks. I dislike things like mini reeses cups or cookies or brownies in ice cream
I love chocolate almond fudge- with a fudge swirl and chocolate covered almonds. or tin roof with chocolate covered salted peanuts. Mocha- coffee with fudge swirl. I like mint, but not in any non dairy flavor!
I'd spend more for something good right now. Like all I want to do is make food, eat food, read, sit around the house. I'll make myself do other than that though :rolleyes:

I really disliked So Delicious mini ice cream sandiwiches. I think they were coconut-people said I wouldn't notice o_O

I love peanut butter. Coconut is ok. I think the So Delicious coconut sandwiches have a strong coconut flavor, so yeah...a non coconut person would notice I would think.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
I am also a fan of ice cream but the non-dairy ones are so expensive we only have them if there is a coupon or a buy one get one free deal. The Breyer's versions are not available anywhere I shop. :(

I've been eating this flavor. Soooooooo good. It's on sale at Winco here for $3.00.
pack_chocsaltfudgetruffle_1510241279.png

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
I wish I could that for $3. Store has regular Breyers on sale less than $3 a half gallon. Almond milk ones are $5.99:mad:. I am not paying $5.99!

Although I should have. I just went to Costco for the first time wit.h a gift card and bought a 12 pack of vegan cookies and creme ice creme bars. Didn't say want kind and I was so ready to get out I didn't look--they're coconut and I don't like them. Taste just like lite coconut creme frozen! And they were like $9 something!

Had a vitamix demo. Called it ice creme. No, it was a frozen drink, like a slushie, not even sorbet cause it had fruit powder mix of some kind

I’ve never had any vegan product go on sale in my local supermarkets. Occasionally I get lucky in Whole Foods. For example, Miyokos butter is normally 7.99 and I got it a few times for 4.99. Still outrageous.

I’ve never had any vegan product go on sale in my local supermarkets. Occasionally I get lucky in Whole Foods. For example, Miyokos butter is normally 7.99 and I got it a few times for 4.99. Still outrageous.

We are lucky that Publix stocks a good selection of veg products and they do go on sale. Today I got Gardein products buy one get one free!

Reactions: KLS52
We get occasional sales on Daiya or Gardein, but the vegan ice cream rarely goes on sale, and if it does, it's only 50 cents off, which isn't incentive enough for me to buy it. Curiously, CVS had a sale for $1 off, so with that plus a coupon, I think I paid half of the usual price. I have a hard time justifying $6 for a pint of vegan ice cream. I end up making my banana-nut butter concoction when I'm really craving ice cream.