Vegan Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

This is way more caloric than my So Delicious creamy cashew...240 for a serving of the caramel coffee fudge vs 150 for creamy cashew. Luckily I still love the cashew best.

Vons got rid of all of their So Delicious ice cream (except one box of the mini bars) when they got the Ben and Jerry's in. :cry:
I complained and said So Delicious was better for all the good it will do. I'm guessing it's because the name B&J will sell better.

Yikes, I hope my store keeps the So Delicious as well. I still love the mint chocolate chip and French vanilla.
So I tried the Chunky Monkey and the Fudge Brownie, and both were good, but not as good as the PB and Cookies and the Coffee Caramel. Chunky Monkey needed more chocolate, though the banana flavor for the ice cream was tasty, though not as potent as I remember the dairy version was. It also had plenty of nuts in it. I would put that one third. The Fudge Brownie was a tad disappointing because there wasn't much "brownie." If this were just chocolate, I would have been fine with it because the flavor was great. It just needs more brownie in it. So, to recap: First place goes to PB and Cookies, second to Coffee Caramel, third to Chunky Monkey and fourth to Fudge Brownie. I would buy all but the Fudge Brownie again...when I win the lottery! JK, I'm sure I will splurge every now and again.

Ben & Jerry's vegan doesn't seem to be available in my area. Not too surprising. I'm sort of out in the stix.

Vons got rid of all of their So Delicious ice cream (except one box of the mini bars) when they got the Ben and Jerry's in. :cry:
I complained and said So Delicious was better for all the good it will do. I'm guessing it's because the name B&J will sell better.
Apparently I spoke too soon. They did get rid of the So Delicious ice cream earlier, but just started selling the snickerdoodle flavored cashew milk ice cream, just that flavor though. Luckily, it's a a good flavor. :D They have places for a few coconut milk ones, but haven't gotten those in yet.

Funny about preferences, because one store only sells Snickerdoodle and the double chocolate and those are my least favorite. I like the plain creamy cashew, then salted caramel and cappaccino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The PB and cookies is soooooo good. I don't like almond milk either, so before when I heard that's what they were made with I didn't think I would like them. SO WRONG. ITS HEAVEN IN A CUP. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Need more. It tastes just like normal ice cream. And it gives you the same satisfaction as normal ice cream.

However... :( after I ate it, several hours later I read that Ben and Jerrys is owned by a company that animal tests............... :'(

The PB and cookies is soooooo good. I don't like almond milk either, so before when I heard that's what they were made with I didn't think I would like them. SO WRONG. ITS HEAVEN IN A CUP. OMNOMNOMNOMNOM. Need more. It tastes just like normal ice cream. And it gives you the same satisfaction as normal ice cream.

However... :( after I ate it, several hours later I read that Ben and Jerrys is owned by a company that animal tests............... :'(

That is correct. Unilever sells brands that contain certain products that have been tested on animals.

It is hard to find food these days that isn't related to animal testing, etc, with these large companies taking over everything. Ben and Jerry's have donated millions to charities over the years, and are a good hearted company in the big picture. Activism is at our core: The Ben & Jerry’s Foundation

Last edited:
Reactions: Animallover21
Every one of them is "meh, okay, tastes about the same as the most inoffensive So Delicious flavors." That is, every one of them except for PB and Cookies.

PB and Cookies was personally brewed by God. The fact that this product exists, is vegan, and is becoming more and more readily available, is nothing short of a cosmic miracle. If small amounts of essential vitamins and nutrients could be infused into PB and Cookies, making it even kind of nutritionally sound, I would eat literally nothing except PB and Cookies for the rest of my life. I would be 650 pounds and I would be in heaven for every remaining second of my miserable worldly existence, made less miserable and less worldly by the tears of God known as PB and Cookies being pumped into my mouth.

These are being sold on my college campus. I can literally buy a pint of this whenever I want. Please send help.

It is hard to find food these days that isn't related to animal testing, etc, with these large companies taking over everything. Ben and Jerry's have donated millions to charities over the years, and are a good hearted company in the big picture. Activism is at our core: The Ben & Jerry’s Foundation

Yup. You can trace almost everything back to some huge corporate conglomerate engaging in shady activity. Pretty much the only way to be an "ethical consumer" is to grow everything you eat in your own backyard, and even then you're probably killing something in the process.

If you live in a capitalistic society, there is no way to be an ethical consumer. Which is unfortunate, because you are required to be a consumer in a capitalistic society if you want to have anything resembling good quality of life.

In the end it'll either be little steps like this (proving the market potential of plant-based processed foods and gradually pushing corporations in that direction) or some kind of massive societal overhaul/revolution that changes things. There's pretty much no way to not be a hypocrite about this. Even the most supposedly ethical of corporations still do secretive scary **** behind closed doors for money. They're corporations. They exist to keep a segment of the population rich while balancing everyone else on a slippery ledge of late-19th-century industrialist idealism.

Basically - if you choose not to eat the vegan Ben and Jerry's because it comes from a corporation that does animal testing, or because they still sell cow's milk ice cream, that's perfectly fine. Totally your choice. I'll just be over here slowly destroying my digestive system by the spoonful of delicious, beautiful, perfect, nutritionally absent miracle garbage.

Every one of them is "meh, okay, tastes about the same as the most inoffensive So Delicious flavors." That is, every one of them except for PB and Cookies.

PB and Cookies was personally brewed by God. The fact that this product exists, is vegan, and is becoming more and more readily available, is nothing short of a cosmic miracle. If small amounts of essential vitamins and nutrients could be infused into PB and Cookies, making it even kind of nutritionally sound, I would eat literally nothing except PB and Cookies for the rest of my life. I would be 650 pounds and I would be in heaven for every remaining second of my miserable worldly existence, made less miserable and less worldly by the tears of God known as PB and Cookies being pumped into my mouth.

These are being sold on my college campus. I can literally buy a pint of this whenever I want. Please send help.

This post has made my day. Thanks for making me laugh.

Reactions: ledboots
Very few stores that I visited in California stocked the vegan version. Furthermore, the labelling is not very disctinct which makes it difficult to find.

If I rightly remember I found some chunky monkey (not my favourite) at Vons. However, at a whopping 6 $ for a carton, I thought that I'd pass.

I agree the Ben & Jerry's is way too expensive. We will only treat ourselves on the rare occasion it is on sale or I have a coupon!

It is way too expensive. Unfortunately, I live in an upper middle class household with very skewed priorities.

The Chunky Monkey is garbage, by the way. Unless you really, really, really love banana-flavored ice cream, you want to stay away from that stuff. Trust me.

This is the post that has ruined my life and I am holding FortyTwo personally responsible. In an effort to "help" I decided to "try" the PB and Cookies. If I liked it, it might reduce the number of pints available for his college to stock. But I mean, really, how good could this stuff be?

It's truly amazing and it's ruining my diet. And it's all his fault. [emoji12]

This is the post that has ruined my life and I am holding FortyTwo personally responsible. In an effort to "help" I decided to "try" the PB and Cookies. If I liked it, it might reduce the number of pints available for his college to stock. But I mean, really, how good could this stuff be?

It's truly amazing and it's ruining my diet. And it's all his fault. [emoji12]

I'm not keen on any of their flavours. That is the reason why I didn't fancy splurging out on a tub for a whopping 6 $. I prefer to buy a book or a top for that amount.

I'm not keen on any of their flavours. That is the reason why I didn't fancy splurging out on a tub for a whopping 6 $. I prefer to buy a book or a top for that amount.
Very interesting. Maybe it's because you have that glace' stuff that's supposed to be so good? Do nothing else can compare?