US election - who would YOU vote for?

In the upcoming 2016 US presidential election, my vote will / would go to...

• AM VOTER - want to vote for CLINTON

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • AM VOTER - want to vote for SANDERS

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • AM VOTER - want to vote for TRUMP

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AM VOTER - want to vote for BUSH

• AM VOTER - want to vote for OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE...

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • AM VOTER - but will likely not vote

• AM NOT a US voter ... but would vote for CLINTON

• AM NOT a US voter ... but would vote for SANDERS

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • AM NOT a US voter ... but would vote for TRUMP

• AM NOT a US voter ... but would vote for BUSH

• AM NOT a US voter ... but would vote for OTHER REPUBLICAN CANDIDATE...

• AM NOT a US voter ... but would not vote, either

• Total voters
If they were to weight the chart, as you suggest, wouldn't that place your own score considerably farther left, and toward libertarian- perhaps even off the scale? I'm just wondering if you consider your views to be extreme, or unworthy of consideration?

I don't doubt the part that I am libertarian, so this is a question about left/right. If I recalibrated the chart as I believe it should be, I suppose you're right, I am quite far off to the left - according to this website. Although it's debatable whether the website is right, it's a subjective analysis after all. It would be a nice to see an analysis of my results and how they rated left/right point by point. It's possible that I am more left wing than I actually realize, of course.

I also at least in part dispute your implication that extreme views are unworthy of consideration. I wouldn't (personally) like to see someone extremely far to the left as President or Prime Minister or in charge of the economy but I hope those senior politicians consult left wing opinions in their policy making and appoint some to senior government positions.

Oh I forgot I have taken this before. And how much I dislike the wording of the questions.

"Taxpayers should not be expected to prop up any theatres or museums that cannot survive on a commercial basis."

Prop up? Maybe "support" or "contribute through taxes" may have been better choices. So many of the questions seemed to be worded to elicit a sort of emotional response, it seems to me.

Anyway
ad79af01c7f5b50e9403eb995b9bdbcb.jpg

political me.png

Me. I thought the test needed a neutral position - a neither agree nor disagree option. I think I would have tested a bit more centrist had I had that option.

Some of those questions could be taken multiple ways, they weren't very clear. I don't think I'm this far left and that's a bit too much libertarian for my taste.
chart.png

Yes, I don't think that test is accurate either. I took that test recently on another forum and I was in the bottom right corner of the green box. I am definitely left-leaning, but I don't think I have very Libertarian views?o_O

ETA - I voted that I am not from the US but I think I would vote for Sanders, but it's quite difficult to say as I might have a different perspective if I lived there.

I did it again to check and got this result, not bottom right this time.

Compass_zpspfb2mdb1.png

Last edited:
Jeremy, you scared me! o_O

beancounter, of us all, so far, I think you're the one most likely to be elected.

Here's mine. I agree, the survey is subjective, but then, how could it not be? I found myself answering, "very" (opposed or in agreement,) when, under other circumstances, I might have been less committed. I think this is due to my perception of the radical nature of most of the current elected officials and political parties. I feel diametrically in opposition to the current state of politics- at least in the US- so I believe the graph represents me fairly accurately.

chart.jpg

I'm starting to think you have to be a seriously horrible human being (Like Ted Cruz) to score on the authoritarian side on that test.

I agree.

I wonder how my answer to the question whether I agree with the statement "Some people are naturally unlucky" determines whether I am more like Gandhi or more like Hitler...

Best regards,
Andy

Back