Today's Vegan Menu (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't have time for breakfast at work (too many meetings!), so it's a shorter menu today.

Steamed broccoli and cajun potato wedges (from work cafeteria; they were really delicious)
Veggie chips
A couple of crackers with peanut butter
Vegan sausage with sauteed peppers and onions; roasted asparagus

Banana with peanut butter; Starbucks vanilla soy latte
Quinoa pizza burger with spicy Vegenaise over a bed of spinach and red onions
Green grapes
Dinner will be leftover pizza with Daiya mozzarella, spinach, onions, black olives and slices of seitan sausage.
If I have a snack, it might be a piece of one of the ABC cookies I bought (chocolate chip or peanut butter chocolate) from Vegan Essentials. :D And I might have a beer. :)

Reactions: Val
Crisp bread with banana
Both dinner and supper was vegan burger, squash spaghetti, ovenbaked sweet potato and a sort of avocado and spinnach.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
A bowl of raspberries, black coffee
A quinoa pizza burger on a hard roll with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and spicy Vegenaise
A peach (free from our work gym; they always have free fruit on Fridays)
Dinner will be pasta with sautéed bok choi and black olives in garlic-infused olive oil, garlic bread, red wine. :)
Wine biscuits for dessert.

Reactions: silva and Val
A bowl of raspberries, black coffee
A quinoa pizza burger on a hard roll with lettuce, onions, tomatoes and spicy Vegenaise
A peach (free from our work gym; they always have free fruit on Fridays)
Dinner will be pasta with sautéed bok choi and black olives in garlic-infused olive oil, garlic bread, red wine. :)
Wine biscuits for dessert.
Now i want red wine too!:cthulhu: At least i have lots of beer:devil:

Reactions: PTree15
Brekkie: Hummus with veggies
Lunch: Burger, hummus, pasta and veggies
Dinner: Pulled Oumph, potato sallad, pie pure and avokado.

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
You're not wondering about Pulled Oumph? o_O I am! :D
@Mikkel

Oumph is a Swedish brand that makes different kind of soy meat. They have 11 different types. It's just to defrost them and fry them.

Pulled Oumph:

Oumph-PULLED_700-700x497.png

Oumph is a Swedish brand that makes different kind of soy meat. They have 11 different types. It's just to defrost them and fry them.

Pulled Oumph:

Oumph-PULLED_700-700x497.png

I remember having asked the same question. The word sounds strange in English ! :p

I remember having asked the same question. The word sounds strange in English ! :p

It does in Norwegian too... :p

It's quite expencive. It's about 280 grams in one bag, and it cost about 46 SEK when I buy it in Sweden, and about 56 NOK when I look at it in Norway. I rarely buy glutenfree and vegan stuff in Norway, only one type of cheese and mayo, as I don't find it in Sweden.

It does in Norwegian too... :p

It's quite expencive. It's about 280 grams in one bag, and it cost about 46 SEK when I buy it in Sweden, and about 56 NOK when I look at it in Norway. I rarely buy glutenfree and vegan stuff in Norway, only one type of cheese and mayo, as I don't find it in Sweden.

You'll have to convert that ! How much per kilo in € 8 ? What are the list of ingredients ?

You'll have to convert that ! How much per kilo in € 8 ? What are the list of ingredients ?

One pack in Norway costs about €5.8, but in Sweden about €4.8 for the same bag. And with 280 g in each bag of 280 g.

One pack contains: Water, 40% BBQ sauce (that again contains most water and sugar and a lot of stuff like spices etc) and 15% soybean concentrate. I have some in my freezer I'm going to eat up, but then it goes off my menu now because of all the sugar.

One pack in Norway costs about €5.8, but in Sweden about €4.8 for the same bag. And with 280 g in each bag of 280 g.

One pack contains: Water, 40% BBQ sauce (that again contains most water and sugar and a lot of stuff like spices etc) and 15% soybean concentrate. I have some in my freezer I'm going to eat up, but then it goes off my menu now because of all the sugar.

That is very expensive. I know that you are gluten intolerant and can't make seitan what a shame.

That is very expensive. I know that you are gluten intolerant and can't make seitan what a shame.

It is...

Glutenfree pasta in Norway costs example €4.6 for 400 grams. In Sweden I buy pasta for €2.3 for 400 grams. Everything glutenfree is expecive in Norway. Two pita breads is sold to over €5. So I avoid buying glutenfree and vegan stuff here as long as I can. I live 20 minutes drive to the border, so I shop there 1-2 times a month.

It is...

Glutenfree pasta in Norway costs example €4.6 for 400 grams. In Sweden I buy pasta for €2.3 for 400 grams. Everything glutenfree is expecive in Norway. Two pita breads is sold to over €5. So I avoid buying glutenfree and vegan stuff here as long as I can. I live 20 minutes drive to the border, so I shop there 1-2 times a month.

That is very expensive. Gluten free products are also more expensive than the gluten ones. I suppose that the average Norwegian salary is higher than a French one.

That is very expensive. Gluten free products are also more expensive than the gluten ones. I suppose that the average Norwegian salary is higher than a French one.

It is. And people with celiacic desease can also get a benefit each month to cover up some of the expencives. And I think it's why it's so excpenice too. I asked one of the brands that make gluten-free bread in Norway, and part of their answer was that you can get a benefit...

I've applied for that benefit now, because of my EoE, but it's not sure I'm granted it. And the benefit will probably dissapear soon, as they claim gluten-free is so much cheaper now. But if I had had a normal diet and bought everything in Norway, it would cost me around €80-€100 a month extra for a gluten-free diet.

Blueberries, iced coffee with almond milk
Salad of spinach, arugula, tomatoes, kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, banana peppers and walnuts topped with olive oil and red-wine vinegar; hummus with pretzels
Dinner will a chickpea salad sandwich on toasted Italian bread with lettuce, tomatoes, pickles and red onion with a side of chips and salsa and maybe a beer.
If I have a snack, it will likely be popcorn topped with nutritional yeast flakes and salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.