Today's Vegan Menu (2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GingerFoxx

No effin' whey!
Reaction score
As an ongoing thread, I wanted to create a place to share the vegan meals we eat each day. Feel free to include photos/recipe links if you are feeling sassy.

Yesterday my vegan menu was as follows:

B- Hot cereal and tea
S- Homemade whole-wheat apple carrot sunflower seed muffin
L- Baingan bharta (Indian eggplant curry) with some seasoned beans I resurrected from my freezer
D- Sunflower seed mac and cheese, using a scaled down version of this recipe: http://www.theppk.com/2012/02/sunflower-mac/

Today my breakfast and snack are the same as yesterday.
L- Homemade coleslaw (red cabbage, carrot, shredded cauliflower and green beans dressed with lemon juice, vegan mayo, spicy mustard, soyaki sauce and spices) and a side of black-eye peas

Dinner is still up in the air. I am thinking a nice easy veggie saute with some nutritional yeast and a homemade veggie burger from the freezer.

What is everyone else eating??

I was going to have toast for breakfast but I realised I was out of bread :fp: so I had a few crackers with peanut butter and a bowl of white and red grapes.

I just had a massive salad for lunch and I feel stuffed.

I'm not sure about dinner yet, ^ that sounds like a good idea to make veggie burgers and freeze them.:clap:

Reactions: Liiv Linen
Breakfast: Cereal
Home Lunch: Vegetable Soup
Work Lunch: Hummus and avocado wrap
Dinner: BBQ Tofu fajitas

For lunch today, I made a homemade pizza with sundried tomatoes, jalapenos, red onions, Yves Pepperoni and Daiya. It was good. Only 2 slices left, but they won't live to see Saturday.

Reactions: sallyomally
Haven't done so well today:

Breakfast: tomato sandwich
Lunch: Taco Bell Cantina Bowl
Snack: popcorn
Dinner: leftover beans and potato salad, cantaloupe and grapes

I promise to eat more green tomorrow!

I've been eating really badly these past few months. There's a cunt who hangs out in my kitchen so I just don't feel happy cooking. Time for healthier eating.

That said, today was pretty lousy:

B: tea, coffee, cereal, hazelnuts

D: pretend bhel puri (cucumber, tomato, onion and coriander with Bombay mix and mango chutney - totally weird ingredients but it satisfied my craving)

Um, guess that's it. Spent most of the day in bed so no lunch happened :p

Reactions: Liiv Linen
Yesterday:
B- Hot cereal with banana, cinnamon and nutmeg. Some hot tea
L- A green salad dressed with salsa and dried herbs. I also threw in some leftover steamed veggies, some fresh blueberries and even some chopped pickle. I was at my boyfriend's place and the vegan options were a bit lacking so basically if it fit the criteria, I added it to the salad.
S- Homemade whole wheat muffin with zucchini, carrot, dates, apricots, dried cranberries, toasted sunflower seeds and applesauce. Chock full of healthy goodness, filling and relatively low-calorie
D- I was at my boyfriend's brother's wedding, so I started out with some assorted fruits and veggies from the appetizer table, that was followed by a small salad, the my main course was pasta with sauteed veggies. I ate all the veggies but left most of the pasta.

Today:
B- Hot cereal with applesauce, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, and nutmeg. A mug of hot tea
L- A homemade beet burger, drizzled with tahini and topped with lettuce and tomato between two slices of sprouted whole wheat toast
D- A big salad (lettuce, tomato, cucumber) topped with some TVP that I cooked in veggie broth seasoned with onion, taco seasoning and nutritional yeast, and dressed with a little homemade hot sauce

leftover dal and pizza i brought home from last night. unfortunately ate corn chips too. will have eggplant casserole tomorrow with quinoa.

B- Hot cereal with banana, cocoa powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and a little canned coconut milk. A mug of hot tea
S- A homemade muffin, same as the one I had on Saturday.
L- My veggie selection is limited at the moment so I sauteed some eggplant, green beans, cauliflower, tomato, ginger and garlic and added some Thai red curry paste and the leftover coconut milk from my homemade shortcake project.
D- Probably going to take the last of my cauliflower and make some cauliflower taco filling to put over a simple salad with some salsa and/or hot sauce

B- Hot cereal with peanut butter, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
S- A homemade muffin
L- Leftover veggies with Thai red curry
D- To be decided...

Yesterday:

B: Sainsbury's butterscotch porridge with almond milk (mmmmm.) Green tea with lemon.
L: Minestrone soup. Apple.
S: Nakd cocoa orange bar. Coffee with soy milk.
D: Linda McCartney sausages with butternut squash/sweet potato mash & mixed veggies.

Reactions: teacup
B- Hot cereal with peanut butter, cocoa powder, raisins, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
S- A homemade muffin
L- The last of my veggies with Thai red curry
D- Homemade risotto, not sure what kind as I am having company over for dinner and we will pick something fresh up at the farm stand to use.

B- Hot cereal with raisins, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
S- A whole wheat muffin chock full of zucchini, carrot, dates, apricots, cranberries, sunflower seeds and applesauce
L- Leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies (summer squash, onion, bell pepper, cauliflower, scallions and garlic)
D- All I have left for fresh produce is a couple beets and a red cabbage. I might show my Polish roots and try to improvise some sort of borscht or maybe a beet and cabbage slaw. Lots of recipes on Google to peruse...

B- Hot cereal with raisins, peanut butter, sunflower seeds, cinnamon, nutmeg, wheat germ, chia and flax. A mug of hot tea
S- A homemade muffin
L- Red cabbage and beet slaw dressed with lemon juice, tahini, fennel, dill, salt and pepper and topped with seasoned beans and scallions
D- Probably the last of my leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies

L- The last of my leftover risotto with taco-seasoned veggies, that I never had on Friday
D- I am considering doing my own take on this recipe, using the veggies I have on-hand: http://hotpotmeal.blogspot.com/2012/07/tortilla-noodles.html#.UAMUf_Vyvb5. Alternately, I have a fresh batch of beet burgers, some homemade tabbouleh and plenty of fresh watermelon.
S- I am steaming brown rice and cardamom, so I can make some sort of rice pudding.

green soup, tapanade, hummus and crackers.

green soup contains brocoli, broad beans, leeks, lots of fresh coriander, cumin, stock and ginger/garlic. And some coconut milk. and a cup of cooked red lentils.

Toast *buttered* with coconut oil, and coffee.

Fried tofu, dirty rice, a very large salad.

Lots of water, flavored with lemon juice, throughout the day. More coffee and tea.

Some almonds.

Non gelatin gels with fruit.

B- I steamed a batch of brown rice with cardamom last night for rice pudding, so I used some of the leftover rice to make my hot cereal this morning
S- A homemade muffin and some watermelon
L- Homemade tabbouleh with crumbled beet burger
D- Not sure yet

Status
Not open for further replies.