Today's Vegan Menu (2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.
the previously mentioned early morning tea with marmalade toast
(an alarm went off for husband's business so he had dashed out)

for late breakfast -
cherry sage sausages from Isa's Vegan Brunch
home fries, Heinz beans, various chutneys
coffee

for late lunch -
lentil soup
Moroccan chickpea patties from Vive le Vegan!
roasted potatoes, roasted broccoli
undressed green salad
red wine

fudgy brownies from Keep It Vegan
with soy pouring cream
coffee

dunno about any supper ... likely leftovers from the fridge ...

- oats, oat milk, pea protein, pb, raspberries, walnuts & agave

- salad, rice, ryvitas topped with sainsburys garlic & herb cream cheese

- coffee with biscuits. Pistachios. A few chilli & lemon pea crisps

- tofu stir fry with more rice, ALL the veg (baby corn, mange toute, broccoli, mushrooms & book choy in a hoisin sauce.

- hotel chocolat peppermint chocolate

Reactions: PTree15 and Val
Vanilla soy latte from Starbucks
Granny Smith apple with peanut butter
Half a grapefruit
Vegan sausage sandwich on Italian bread with pesto sauce and onions (this was so tasty!), pretzels
Dinner will be marinated or barbecued tofu with sauteed greens (I can't decide between spinach and Swiss chard) and corn bread.
If I have room for dessert, it will be a peanut butter, banana and chocolate smoothie made with almond milk.

^^^Ooooo, a mango orange smoothie sounds delicious!

Today:
Chocolate chip scone, mug of hot tea
Seitan sandwich on toasted Italian bread with melted Daiya pepperjack shreds, onions and mustard; pint of Long Trail ale
Dinner will be what I had last night: Barbecued tofu with sauteed spinach and cornbread with Earth Balance; maybe more beer. :D
I never had room for dessert last night, and I likely won't have room tonight, especially if I decide to have two pieces of cornbread. :D

Need fruit. Maybe I will have an apple.

Reactions: Tom L. and Val
B: Weetabix, soya milk, soya yogurt, and a banana.
L: Mexican Superbowl: wild rice, black beans, sweet potatoes, kale and more. Also 1/2 of a falafel and hummus wrap. 1/3 of a choccolate tort with a discrete hint of ginger.
D: Nothing yet :) Soon, I hope.

Reactions: Val
Salad of spinach, arugula, carrots, black olives, corn and chickpeas topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar
Granny Smith apple with peanut butter
Hummus with pretzels
Tonight will be breakfast for dinner: lemon-blueberry pancakes and tempeh bacon.

Grapes, black coffee
Peanut butter and crackers
Seitan sausage sandwich with onions, melted Daiya cheddar shreds and hot sauce
Seitan stir-fry with onions, carrots and broccoli in a sesame-ginger sauce over either rice or quinoa
Trail mix for dessert, if I have room

I had green of wheat. I'd been having oatmeal with tumeric and ginger, and today decided to try cream of wheat. I added 1/4 teas tumeric, ginger, ground flax--but instead of just raisins or cranberries, i figured why not some frozen blueberries! :p
It was a very pretty forest green :weird:. I had to add some sugar!
Lunch was garlicky white beans with cooked carrots
Dinner I made a pizza with a premade crust, mushrooms, olives and TJ's mozzerella.
I know they are vegan fudgesicles, I'll have to look that up, and i don't mean non dairy, just not dairy

Grapes, orange, black coffee
Seitan quesadillas with Daiya cheddar shreds, green olives, onions and hot sauce
Pretzels with hummus
Grilled seitan with caramelized onions, sauteed spinach in garlic and olive oil, and roasted potatoes

Grapes, peanut butter and crackers, iced coffee with almond milk
Salad of spinach, arugula, black olives, corn, chickpeas, red onion, walnuts and spicy tofu topped with balsamic vinaigrette
I'm not sure what I'm having for dinner. It will involve roasted Brussels sprouts, though. I just bought some yesterday.

Orange, iced coffee with almond milk
Salad of mixed greens with carrots, black olives, chickpeas, corn, cut-up Daiya cheddar slices, red onion and tomatoes topped with olive oil and red-wine vinegar
Peanut butter on a few saltines
Dinner will be pasta topped with spinach sauteed in olive oil and garlic, a side of roasted asparagus and a glass of red wine.

Whole grain English muffin, Gardein breakfast patty, coffee, soy creamer and agave
One-bun wheat roll, Field Roast tomato loaf, Just Mayo, tomato slices, micro greens, baby spinach with Bubbies pickles on the side
Amy's vegan pot pie, side salad with Brianna's poppyseed dressing, white wine

Reactions: PTree15
I had two small vegan hot cross buns for breakfast, with water to drink. Not healthy, even if they are vegan.... but I don't do that often.

Lunch today was strange...

I cooked white rice with lots of garlic mustard (a common, but edible, weed in my area- in fact, it's officially listed as invasive) and garlic chives (another weedy edible- my garlic isn't nearly ready to harvest yet and I wanted some extra flavor besides the mustard- but those things are CHEWY- I think their fiber makes up for the lack of such in the white rice). Also used a bit of vegan margarine when it was done. And a Clif bar to go with it all, with water to drink.

Saving the world from carbs and weeds- one meal at a time!

It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it.

breakfast was a smoothie- watermelon, mango, oats, flaxseeds, matcha and ginger
lunch- leftover chickpea cutlet, broccoli, and brown rice
dinner-Gardein fishless fillets and fries
and I just remembered I have the orange almond dark chocolate from aldi Moser Ross! and a cup of Earl Grey!

B - Whole grain English muffin with a Gardein breakfast patty
L - Leftover half of a spicy hummus wrap with baby spinach, grape tomatoes and cucumber
S - handful of Triscuit-like crackers with a few schmears of peanut butter
D - Fried barbeque chick*n sandwich with coleslaw and French fries, and a $3 bourbon :p

B - Whole grain English muffin with a Gardein breakfast patty
L - Leftover half of a spicy hummus wrap with baby spinach, grape tomatoes and cucumber
S - handful of Triscuit-like crackers with a few schmears of peanut butter
D - Fried barbeque chick*n sandwich with coleslaw and French fries, and a $3 bourbon :p
That's a bargain. :D

Today's menu:
Banana with peanut butter
Crackers with Daiya cheddar slices
The last slice of my vegan pizza
Dinner will be a black bean burger (no bun) with a big salad of spinach, romaine lettuce, onions, pickles, green olives, raisins, walnuts and banana peppers topped with olive oil and red wine vinegar.

@PTree15 Yes! Monday's are burger and bourbon night at this little cafe. I could've had a buffalo tofu slider for $3 also, but the fried chick*n is amazing - it has an agave/bbq sauce that caramelizes into slightly crunchy goodness when it's cooked. When it's on the menu, I have to get it. :p

B - Food for Life English Muffin with a Gardein breakfast patty
L - One Bun with Field Roast tomato loaf, Just Mayo, baby lettuces, baby spinach, tomato and basil leaves
D - One bun with a Tofurky veggie burger, Follow Your Heart American cheese, Chipotle Fabonnaise (sp?), baby lettuces, and tomato, with sides of French fries and a fruit salad of blueberries and fresh mango - and Bubbies pickles!

B - Food for Life English muffin with a dab of peanut butter, a wee dab of Just Mayo and banana slices
L - Lunch at an Indian restaurant - We started out with lentil and pineapple soup, then ordered: Portabella Tofu Kadahi: Sautéed With Ginger, Coriander Seeds, Onions And Bell Peppers (and additional veggies)
D - P B & J

Oats, oat milk, pb, walnuts, raspberries, agave & hemp seed hearts

Falafel, rice, mixed salad, houmous. Banana

Cocoa mint nakd bar, alpro chocolate milk carton

Butternut spaghetti & Linda McCartney sausages in a garlic & chilli sauce

Dark chocolate with sea salt

Status
Not open for further replies.