Baking soda and Dawn dish soap! Last time I used henna I didn't wear gloves and took a bit longer than usual. I scrubbed with baking soda, and some Dawn and that really took off the stain. I started buying Dawn because my one son swears by it. I see why! I hate (P&G? Colgate?) but at least they do some good

Baking soda and Dawn dish soap! Last time I used henna I didn't wear gloves and took a bit longer than usual. I scrubbed with baking soda, and some Dawn and that really took off the stain. I started buying Dawn because my one son swears by it. I see why! I hate (P&G? Colgate?) but at least they do some good
We used to get Dawn all the time, too -- 'cuz it's gentle & pure enough to clean the poor water fowl after an oil spill -- but, yeah, the whole P & G thing was troublesome....

Kroger's got their version of Dawn, though! That's what we use now.

It's called Kroger Home Sense Ultra liquid dish soap... good stuff. :up:

Glad to see that again! I read those studies a while back, then couldn't find anything about the noodles themselves again! The people I eat lunch with have been having them like three times a week lately, the women is one who likes to ask me about nutrition :rolleyes:. I can't seem to convince here that there's really no 'detox' food that makes it ok to eat such junk.
When you haven't had one for a long time it tastes like absolute crap. Like you can taste the waxy oils the noodles are made with. TBHQ- avoid like the plaque! It's the microwave popcorn stuff too

Here’s a good tip from me to you:

When you wake up late, have exercise class at 9:30, and don’t have much time to get ready, don’t grab your smartphone and go on Facebook before you even get out of bed. You’ll be surprised at how much time you kill doing that. :p :fp:

Glad to see that again! I read those studies a while back, then couldn't find anything about the noodles themselves again! The people I eat lunch with have been having them like three times a week lately, the women is one who likes to ask me about nutrition :rolleyes:. I can't seem to convince here that there's really no 'detox' food that makes it ok to eat such junk.
When you haven't had one for a long time it tastes like absolute crap. Like you can taste the waxy oils the noodles are made with. TBHQ- avoid like the plaque! It's the microwave popcorn stuff too

Even the “healthy” brands have a crap-ton of sodium and god-knows what else. I’d say they’re okay for an emergency meal a couple times a year, but I know from experience that it shouldn’t be a regular part of one’s diet.

If you're feeling adventurous heres a recipe for noodles-
Ramen Noodles Recipe | PBS Food
There are many baked ramen noodles with just wheat flour and water- chuka soba. I find them in the Asian grocery
Heres a brand I find at a discount store by me-
2581f15e-27f6-43d0-a59a-344a70fbc2c7_1.c77964baa337d63af507e2109dea40a3.jpeg

Last edited:
Any of the BH's are to be avoided. LOL :p BHA, BHT, TBHQ... are there others?

Just discovered my cheap mandolin slicer works great as a vegetable peeler!
I wanted to peel and eggplant, and couldn't get my regular peeler to catch or peel. I picked up my mandolin with the think blade attached and -boom- sliced easily without taking off too much! I just now tried it with a kiwi- again, it was perfect!

Reactions: Val and Amy SF
It might be of help to others in other countries who have problems with governments producing reports that have part of their reports blacked out ....

Revealed: Dole for apprenticeships cost blow-out

The Government blacks out sections it wants to keep under wraps in documents it releases. A simple cut and paste into a Word document revealed to Newshub the figures it wanted to keep restricted in a Cabinet paper released on Wednesday.

I don't understand the technology of how it works, it was all rather funny to see it unfold :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Amy SF
Hey, I was just perusing the recipe section of Kroger's website... was pleasantly stunned to find so many interesting veg*an recipes! :)

https://www.kroger.com/rl/vegetaria...s.dietAndHealth=vegetarian&searchTerm=&page=1 ---- You can adjust the filters to whatever type of cuisine/difficulty level/specification you wish.... ;)
Cool site...:yes: We don't have Kroger, but these lists of products might be helpful in finding and ordering stuff, e.g. in vegan shops, and also as the pure ideas of what to eat.:p

Our incredible neighbours have just returned from 3 months in Africa. They visited 8 countries, doing mainly safari tours in a big truck with a bunch of people and 80% of the time they slept in tents.

They were telling me at all times on the trip vegetarians meals were provided for those who wanted it, the food was cooked when they set up camp and the vegetarian meals were the first meals provided.