Thoughts on this music video?

Vanille

Forum Novice
Reaction score
Lifestyle
  1. Vegan

Make sure to watch the whole thing, the end really gets me...

I think it would've been a great vega(n) video if it wasn't for them using some actual fish in it too (if it's real fish, looks like it)

Ironically, the song itself has nothing to do with is so you can ignore it if you don't like it (it's about them falling for a girl, which is not so accepted yet in Asia so another reason I love this song)

Sorry. I found the music so annoying I couldn't make it to the end. And i also thought the visual message was objectifying females. And i'm an old white man - so take that into consideration.

Sorry. I found the music so annoying I couldn't make it to the end. And i also thought the visual message was objectifying females. And i'm an old white man - so take that into consideration.
Not really... It's part of the message, you're not supposed to enjoy it (you can also just turn the sound off lol, watch from 2:50) I do like the song itself but I got used to music like this lol

(did I sign up for SJW land or...)

Not really... It's part of the message, you're not supposed to enjoy it (you can also just turn the sound off lol, watch from 2:50) I do like the song itself but I got used to music like this lol

(did I sign up for SJW land or...)

Well, sometimes I'm a little slow but i still don't see what there is to like about this song or video. The mermaids are crying about what? being at a sushi bar eating fish??

and what does "(did I sign up for SJW land or...)" mean?? Single Jewish Women?

Artistically-speaking, it's interesting. I mean - the *details.* But, I can't get past the music, and the obvious objectification of women (SO over it), and of course, the actual use of fish. What really bugged me was when they were completely covered with plastic, and for some reason I was obsessed with the post-production eyelash dots. ...Geez I hate that kind of music. *sigh*

Let's face it, K-pop is exploitative to the extreme and entirely manufactured by the production company with zero artistic autonomy (or any other autonomy for that matter) on part of the artists.

Sorry, I feel unwell now ...!

(And sorry, Vanille, I understand you just wanted to talk about something less serious for a change ...)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: TofuRobot and Lou
I don’t know what to say. I didn’t mind the music, lol. But the rest of it went over my head, I’m afraid.

Let's face it, K-pop is exploitative to the extreme and entirely manufactured by the production company with zero artistic autonomy (or any other autonomy for that matter) on part of the artists.

Sorry, I feel unwell now ...!

(And sorry, Vanille, I understand you just wanted to talk about something less serious for a change ...)
Thank you for sharing that. This kind of "music" is too manufactured for me, I had no idea on what level. That's very sad. :(

Reactions: Lou
Ok, you know what is weird. What is up with the Japanese and the Big Band era? When most of this music came out the Japanese and the Americans were blowing each other up by the boatload.

Actually it's not that weird. Great music is by definition transedental.