Things that do not go together

I also can't remember what brand of dough we used to buy, or whether it was vegetarian. I had always assumed it was safe, but many pie crust preparations include some sort of animal-derived fat (such as lard, I think).

I also can't remember what brand of dough we used to buy, or whether it was vegetarian. I had always assumed it was safe, but many pie crust preparations include some sort of animal-derived fat (such as lard, I think).
...and they change! Lard seems to have made a big comeback. Or butter.
Only premade pie crust I know now that's vegan (without being a specialty price) is Aldi frozen crust

I'll be buying them as soon as I get some rhubarb and strawbs!!! (I dare anyone to say they don't go together 😆)

My grandmother would make mincemeat pies once in a while. I kept a little carton of None Such for years in my cabinet, I was very surprised when I noticed it had beef suet!

Only premade pie crust I know now that's vegan (without being a specialty price) is Aldi frozen crust

I'll be buying them as soon as I get some rhubarb and strawbs!!! (I dare anyone to say they don't go together 😆)
Thanks for that tidbit…I’ll be sure to check ingredients instead of just buying what I thought was vegan.

I loooove strawberry rhubarb pie.

Thanks for that tidbit…I’ll be sure to check ingredients instead of just buying what I thought was vegan.

I loooove strawberry rhubarb pie.

Strawberry rhubarb pie ROCKS. :lick: :drool:
Guess what I’m eating right now…:lick:

• Wow
Reactions: silva