The Weather.

I hung the washing out on the line yesterday as it was sunny and left it there all night. I just checked it and it feels wetter than it did before because of the morning dew! I will leave it out for some of the day, but I might have to bring it in to dry.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15
I had a break from the heat last week, but it's getting back in the 80-90s this week. It was nice when it only got up to 70

• Friendly
This really should go in the gripe thread...it infuriates me that it's almost November and I have to put up with this...then listen to people whine in January that they're done with winter. 😠 😢 😭
IMG_6936.jpeg

• Friendly
It was raining, but now it is meant to be dry until about 11pm tonight.

@KLS52 Your post just above gave me a bit of a shock- I initially mis-read the dates as daily temperatures... ("WHAT??... the high temp will be below freezing?"...) I suppose I'm used to Upstate New York winters by now, and the way we almost seem to have only 2 seasons- winter and summer- but GAH!

Anyway, it's nice here- seasonably cool (warmer than last weekend) and sunny.

Reactions: PTree15 and KLS52
@KLS52 Your post just above gave me a bit of a shock- I initially mis-read the dates as daily temperatures... ("WHAT??... the high temp will be below freezing?"...) I suppose I'm used to Upstate New York winters by now, and the way we almost seem to have only 2 seasons- winter and summer- but GAH!

Anyway, it's nice here- seasonably cool (warmer than last weekend) and sunny.
Lol...I've done that on occasion with the dates!

Reactions: Tom L.
The cold days are coming - it's supposed to get down in the 30s this weekend.

It is almost November, but I remember years and years ago when the 30s would almost consistently first arrive in September.

Very warm and sunny! It feels like spring.

It is meant to rain next week when I'm away for a few days, typically.

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and shyvas
It has been very warm, in the mid to upper 80's, for a while with no rain. A cool front is coming to get us down in the 70's Wednesday. We could use some rain!

It finally cooled down here, although it's rainy. I don't even care. I'd rather have rain and cooler temps than the unseasonably warm days with sunshine. Odd, I know lol.
It's going to get quite chilly the next few days. Who wants to bet that I will be complaining that I'm cold? 😁

Last edited:
I'm waking up to a storm in Broadstairs. The wind is howling. We might have to wait a few hours before we drive back!

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
I'm waking up to a storm in Broadstairs. The wind is howling. We might have to wait a few hours before we drive back!

I saw saw a weather reporter in Brighton. It certainly looks bad but nothing like the Jersey Islands.
Are you driving back to Essex?

I saw saw a weather reporter in Brighton. It certainly looks bad but nothing like the Jersey Islands.
Are you driving back to Essex?
It brightened up a bit, but then as soon as we got on the motorway it started pouring again. It stopped as we drove for a while. We did see trees that had been blown down in Kent.

• Wow
Reactions: shyvas
It's sunny and in the 50s today. Much warmer than it was while I visited Minnesota. We got two inches of snow there on Tuesday! My friends were not happy to see the snow, lol.

Reactions: Tom L.