The Weather.

It's been back to cold here! In the 20's since Friday. I normally keep the heat at 66 when I'm home, and will move it to 68F if needed. Last weekend I wanted more! 🥶
They did get the heat vents at work straightened out--I guess? I keep an extra flannel shirt, sweat jacket, and a fleece vest there to layer!

Reactions: KLS52 and Chryssie
The temperature in TJ Maxx is almost always cold! The hotter it is outside, the colder it is inside. I wear long sleeves all the time and often layers. There are different climates in different areas of the store though. At the front with the sun coming in the big windows, it gets hot when you are a cashier. Out on the floor towards the back, it is usually cold.

My house is freezing because of the “everything is electric including the heat” in this house. When I get up in the morning the temp is 55. I then turn on the central unit which heats the kitchen/dining/living rooms. I leave it for about 1-2 hours then turn it off until mid afternoon. I run it again fir a few hours then it’s off for the night. The bedrooms stay on 55 24/7.

• Wow
Reactions: PTree15 and silva
It's really sunny and bright here today. There has been really bad flooding in other parts of the country.

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
It’s 22F / -6C
I did not go walking this morning as it’s very windy. I can do 22 degrees if there’s no wind but I was not up for going out at 7 am today.
We might see a bit of snow on Tuesday but I’m not counting it. Not to mention, a coating to an inch does not count as snow in my book. 😁

It's about 20F here. I had planned on going to store for a few items, but it's snowing very heavily now!

My house is freezing because of the “everything is electric including the heat” in this house. When I get up in the morning the temp is 55. I then turn on the central unit which heats the kitchen/dining/living rooms. I leave it for about 1-2 hours then turn it off until mid afternoon. I run it again fir a few hours then it’s off for the night. The bedrooms stay on 55 24/7.
I don't think I would leave my blanket on the couch!
My son runs a electric radiator in his basement room sometimes and my electric bills are higher from that than running the air in summer!
No propane or oil?

It's about 20F here. I had planned on going to store for a few items, but it's snowing very heavily now!

I don't think I would leave my blanket on the couch!
My son runs a electric radiator in his basement room sometimes and my electric bills are higher from that than running the air in summer!
No propane or oil?
No , we would have to convert to oil or propane. Not sure what that entails. It’s something I can look into. Right now we are paying less than we were in our old house where we had oil. We also had propane for the stove and dryer.
Lol @ not leaving my blanket on the couch. It’s exactly how I feel and why I’m so vigilant about getting my walks in. It’s too cold in the house to really feel motivated to do anything other than listen to audiobooks, watch tv and snuggle with the cats.

Not much better this morning...18F/-8C 🥶
I don’t hear the wind so I’m going to give it try in about 15...I need it to be just a little bit lighter out.

• Friendly
It is going to be unseasonably warm here for the next 3 days. Temperatures will get into the 80's! Then a front will come through and we will be back to normal later in the week.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
I think the lowest I go is 64 or 65. :D I have gas heat, though, so that makes a difference.
It snowed a bit today, only about an inch or so. We are supposed to get the wintry mix later on tonight.

• Agree
Reactions: silva