The Weather.

Flurries started about an hour ago. Very light. Barely a coating. Looks like the final forecast is 8-14 and we are likely to be in the line of the freezing rain. Our snow will be wetter and heavier causing more outages than inland where they are expecting 12-18 and possibly more. Our PTree will probably get hit pretty good. She’s about an hour inland from me. I guess I have to be happy with 8 inches. Winter is just beginning. There’s always a chance for a better storm.

Last edited:
So guess what… It was disappointing. Surprise! Not.😁

I mean, we got snow, how much is yet to be determined. I’m guessing four but I haven’t been outside yet. Daughter thinks it’s at least 6 to 8. We were definitely in the corridor, near I95, that got the least amount of snow. Le sigh.
But it is very pretty. I’m mostly happy once I got over the fact that everyone else got more than me. I fear PTree may be digging out for quite a while. I’m pretty sure she got hit bad. Will be interesting to hear when she gets a chance to pop in.

Last edited:
We’ve gotten about 6 - 8 inches so far. It’s very uneven because of the wind.

I just took the dog to the beach. He LOVED it. He was even more upset than usual when we had to leave. But we had no choice. People were letting their dogs run off-leash and he isn’t dog-friendly.

Here’s a photo from this morning:

FD1E1DB8-D8D4-41F3-BA71-991AE363E8F0.jpeg

OK so guess what… I was being a big fat baby. I just came in from a walk and then shoveling. At least 10 inches and dare I say it could even be a foot of snow out there. :starshower:

The time-lapse of the backyard, it was cool howthe tree's branches started drooping right away.
poor trees. :)

Yeah, watch the whole thing. There’s also a part where the toys on the porch get buried.

I’m sure the trees were fine. They’re large evergreens.

Yeah, watch the whole thing. There’s also a part where the toys on the porch get buried.

I’m sure the trees were fine. They’re large evergreens.
I know. I was being silly. you started it. you said "poor toys."
But i did think it was cool how the branches started drooping right away.

We’re iced in. The walkway is a sheet of ice, too slippery for walking a large dog. So we played Ball in the backyard. The sun’s out. Everything’s starting to melt. We should be on the beach again soon.

• Friendly
Reactions: Chryssie and shyvas
It was really cold (to me) this morning! No frost but temps were in the upper 30's. Even though it is bright and sunny, it is only in the upper 50's so still really cold for me. I have my heat on!

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I just got a call from my electric company. Apparently they are watching a strong storm due to hit Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. Rain and heavy winds gusting up to 70 miles/hr. They said we could have downed trees and wires and power outages lasting several days. In preparation, they have cancelled their employees vacations and holiday time off so that they will be available should the worst hit. What the flippin hell. I don’t see anything on the weather app that indicators anything like that!

There is a big storm front coming from the west. Temperatures here in Florida are going to drop 50 degrees from Thursday into Friday. They are forecasting thunderstorms for tomorrow night.