The Weather.

We might get a snow shower but I doubt it because it’s already 38°.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
It was very cold here this morning with frost everywhere! It was in the 30's! It is going to warm up over the next few days and be a nice weekend.

Reactions: KLS52
We might get a foot of snow on Wednesday!

Yeah I heard this and got excited but it’s already downgraded for us in Connecticut. We went from an anticipated 12 inches with blizzard conditions to maybe 4-8. Considering we never get the high end I’ll be lucky to get a measly 4. But I was prepared for this as I’m on the coast now. Inland will likely get more. 😞I think my big snow days are over. 😭

Yeah I heard this and got excited but it’s already downgraded for us in Connecticut. We went from an anticipated 12 inches with blizzard conditions to maybe 4-8. Considering we never get the high end I’ll be lucky to get a measly 4. But I was prepared for this as I’m on the coast now. Inland will likely get more. 😞I think my big snow days are over. 😭

I haven’t seen any updates for my area. I’m on the coast, so it could get blizzardy if this article is still accurate.

My dog has never seen deep snow. He’s from South Texas. He liked the lighter snow he got to experience the past two winters, and he loves to play in the sand. I think he’d have a lot of fun with deep snow.

Reactions: Raven and shyvas
It was a beautiful morning for a walk at 7 AM. You could smell snow in the air. I love that. From Gilmore girls… I smell snow. The air was very calm with no wind so even though it was very cold I didn’t feel it. I was good and bundled. I went an extra half mile and felt like I could even go further but my stomach was calling for food.

I’m looking forward to the storm! We’re supposed to get at least 8 inches.

I hope we get at least six. They keep changing the forecast. Now they’re saying total storm 6 to 12. I don’t think we will see 12. Eight would be nice. But I would settle for six. Of course mother nature is in charge and if she wants to give me two there’s not much I can do about it, LOL.

Reactions: Urban Gardener
We started up the generator to make sure it works and it did beautifully. Started up with the first pull. I’m hoping we don’t need it because that will be annoying, to lose power even with the generator. I’m likely to not have internet which will be the worst for me.

Last edited:
  • Friendly
We started up the generator to make sure it works and it did beautifully. Started up with the first pull. I’m hoping we don’t need it because that will be annoying, to lose power even with the generator. I’m likely to not have internet which will be the worst for me.

I hope you don’t lose power!

They’re now saying we’ll get 8 - 14 inches. I just brought in most of my plants and outdoor art pieces.

This article is funny. It’s supposed to be about the forecast for the DC to Boston region, but they left out Connecticut, Maryland and Delaware!

I hope you don’t lose power!

They’re now saying we’ll get 8 - 14 inches. I just brought in most of my plants and outdoor art pieces.

This article is funny. It’s supposed to be about the forecast for the DC to Boston region, but they left out Connecticut, Maryland and Delaware!

Thanks! And of course they left out Connecticut… Because I just moved here. Wherever I go the snow leaves for some reason, LOL. When I first moved to Putnam County in New York we got a ton of snow and then with each year we got less than less. Blizzards would be predicted and all the surrounding areas would always get more than me. I always joked that my house was under a bubble and people even a few blocks away would report several inches of snow more than what I had gotten. 🤦‍♀️
I just heard the low pressure shifted more towards the coast, which is me, so totals will not be as high as other areas. I can’t win. Someday I will give up hoping I’m just not sure when that will be. #karenlovessnow (KLS)

• Haha
There’s been a horrible pattern of bad weather following my wake. I left California and then it was engulfed in flames. I left Texas and they got a bunch of hurricanes.

Maine, though? You can’t touch Maine. It’s immune from extreme weather (blizzards dumping multiple feet of snow not being considered “extreme,” there).

I’m not a huge fan of snow, having lived in places that got a lot of it. The first few snows of winter are always fun. I hope we don’t get too much this winter. It would be bad in combination with the COVID crisis.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
We are not expected to start until 8 PM. I’m kind of annoyed by that because I would like to see it as it comes down and unfolds. Instead I will have to wake up and either be pleasantly surprised or disappointed LOL it will be pretty much over and done with by Thursday morning.

We are not expected to start until 8 PM. I’m kind of annoyed by that because I would like to see it as it comes down and unfolds. Instead I will have to wake up and either be pleasantly surprised or disappointed LOL it will be pretty much over and done with by Thursday morning.

It’s started snowing here. It just started to stick. It’s a light dusting right now. I’ll take pictures when it gets deeper.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52 and shyvas
It feels like it’s going to snow any minute. I just got back from my second walk of the day. Weather app says snow starting in 49 minutes lol. We shall see!