TV & Film The Walking Dead

That was really crushing. I think it was about a genuine reaction as an actor could ever portray. Anyone who has experienced traumatic loss of that nature can certainly relate.

I agree. What an outstanding job he did with something so difficult.

I felt absolutely gutted for Carl and Maggie as well, Maggie was actually the one that got me started teary eyed as she walked toward Rick with the baby. I could easily relate to all three of those characters reactions.

I think Maggie at first was shocked a little boy could do what she couldn't when Hershel stopped breathing... she just walked away and couldn't "deal". Hopefully Carl inspires some strength and common sense.

I felt absolutely gutted for Carl and Maggie as well, Maggie was actually the one that got me started teary eyed as she walked toward Rick with the baby. I could easily relate to all three of those characters reactions.

Yes. I've actually grown to like Carl a little bit this season. He's come of age in the madness of the world that surrounds him. I knew Lori was really going to die when she said her goodbye. That was some pretty amazing stuff too.

Hard hitting episode all around. Swarming zombies, a character we assumed dead showed up, two major characters heroically / honorably killed off, one missing, continual set up for a Governor vs Michonne and prison showdown, a baby born... :argh:OMG

Carol is fine. Out somewhere doing chores and relieving zombie wombs of zombie fetuses, she is still too annoying to die. When we start to really like her is when they will off her.

How disturbing would that be?? One of the countless walkers go to attack one of our crew and her decaying womb "gives birth" dropping a chomping zombie fetus.

I was half expecting Loris baby to have already turned.

Reactions: PiSis
OMFG!! What an episode!! For anyone who hasn't seen it be prepared!
And HOLY ****!! Carl!!! I don't think he did it though...If we didn't see it did it really happen??

This is only the third episode. This season is going to kick so much ***. No more waiting till the end of the season for something mindblowing and major to happen. This is it! Anything can happen now and seeing as it's only the beginning we better be prepared for a lot of OMG! WTF! HOLY CRAP!! moments to come.
man, you ain't kidding! mind duly blown.

what an emotional episode. was so bummed to see T-Dog go :sob:.
i knew Lori was doomed to die from some comic book fans, so it was expected but still, it was sad...especially when she was saying goodbye to Carl..."always do the right thing..." :sob:
i like Carol and don't think she's a goner. she's just got to pop back in with the group next episode.

did anyone watch The Talking Dead after?
IronE Singleton (T-Dog) was one of the guests and he was so choked up.

the other guest, one of the producers Gale Anne Hurd, said the comic books are up to 100 already and writer Robert Kirkman has
7 more seasons written for tv so far!
they're just gettin' warmed up.

That was really crushing. I think it was about a genuine reaction as an actor could ever portray. Anyone who has experienced traumatic loss of that nature can certainly relate.

That's what I tried to explain to the people on the IMDB board, but I rarely ever find any decent discussions there - so many trolls. People talking about his acting in that scene being over the top or too dramatic. Everyone is so used to subdued break downs, that the ugly crying and falling down break downs seem "fake".

One thing that annoyed me, though, Carol and her head scarf. She has NEVER worn anything on her head, and to suddenly wear one so they can have her drop it to add to some "mystery" or whatever. *shrug*

So very true. His performance in that scene really impressed me and blew me away. Award winning stuff for sure.

Is it awful that I'm still okay (and somewhat grateful) that they finally killed Lori off? I still wish it was a zombie baby that killed her though. Oh well. I'm waiting for Lori to come back as a zombie and eat her baby and Carl.

That's what I tried to explain to the people on the IMDB board, but I rarely ever find any decent discussions there - so many trolls. People talking about his acting in that scene being over the top or too dramatic. Everyone is so used to subdued break downs, that the ugly crying and falling down break downs seem "fake".

One thing that annoyed me, though, Carol and her head scarf. She has NEVER worn anything on her head, and to suddenly wear one so they can have her drop it to add to some "mystery" or whatever. *shrug*

Not over the top at all. Spot on. I guess those people have never experienced the gut wrenching pain of losing someone they love. Lucky them.

Agree about the scarf thing. I was totally confused by that when I first saw her.

:yes:

Rick used to get on my nerves but I'm liking him more in this season. In fact most of the main characters are being less irritating generally. The scriptwriters must have been reading the fan's views online. :weird:

I still can't stand Andrea. :yuck:

She seems to have a habit of falling for psychotic guys and ignoring the sane people who are trying to warn her she's falling for a psychotic guy. I want to like her, as she's actually become kind of bad *** in regards to zombie killing and not being overly dramatic and stuff. But like holy ****, please don't end up sleeping with the guy that has a zombie head collection in an aquarium. Go for the one that collects bottle caps or stamps or something.

Is it awful that I'm still okay (and somewhat grateful) that they finally killed Lori off? I still wish it was a zombie baby that killed her though. Oh well. I'm waiting for Lori to come back as a zombie and eat her baby and Carl.

It actually occurred to me that it wouldn't be realistic because a zombie baby wouldn't have teeth. Yes, those are the kinds of things I think about when I'm sitting on the toilet or waiting in line at the grocery store. The more recent Dawn of the Dead movie had a zombie baby. Mom was bit, dad tied her down and delivered the zombie baby. Good stuff.

I was just wondering how they will feed the baby. With no mother, no other pregnant women, no formual or anything of that nature. Maybe one of the women could start spontaneously produce milk, but I doubt it.

I was just wondering how they will feed the baby. With no mother, no other pregnant women, no formal or anything of that nature. Maybe one of the women could start spontaneously produce milk, but I doubt it.

Some people on the IMDB board are talking about that maybe Maggie will end up being a wet nurse.

Ack! Those bastards! They knew we wanted Lori gone so they made her go out in the most horrible and emotionally painful way ever.

And then Rick at the end... :(

Also, as for feeding the baby, in next week's preview Herschel says something along the lines of "we need to go find formula or the baby's not gonna live for long" so I'm betting they're going to go looking for it and somehow end up coming across Woodbury and Andrea/Michonne.

Reactions: PiSis
Man. That episode rocked so hard. My only wish was that Carl didn't off Lori fast enough, and she turned - and then attacked him. I despise that little shitlet.

Rick's reaction was one of the most sincere, heart-wrenching moments of acting I've ever seen. He went right up to join the ranks of Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman for me. Wow.[/]

Just asking for verification... some people are using spoiler tags and some aren't... should we just add the word spoilers to the thread title?

Reactions: CrowCaw