The Thanksgiving Day Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You poured the gravy on before baking? How did that turn out?
I'm thinking of just having veggies for dinner next week as I've been sooo much lately. WIthout gravy...

Reactions: Freesia
My roommate had a small Thanksgiving dinner for me, her fiance, and herself. Just maple mashed sweet potatoes, and roasted brussel sprouts with a reduced balsamic dressing. Both were delicious and filling. I'm happy there were no dead animals present.

Tomorrow my daughter is having a vegan feast at her house for family and friends.

I had a very nice day with the hubby, children and grandchildren. And my sister cane with her aide which made it a little uncomfortable but I survived. :D

I made lots of vegan sides and dessert so I was well fed. I had candied sweet potatoes, chestnut stuffing, green beans, corn, roasted carrots, cranberry sauce...and this yummy mini pumpkin cheesecake. It was really good!
E9C5329C-E270-471C-B04B-D4DA354B87BA.jpeg

Went to my daughter's tonight for her first ever vegan Thanksgiving that she threw for family and friends. She's been vegan for awhile, but it's the first time she's made a big meal for everyone. Everyone was vegan except for one person who was vegetarian, and she's the one who got most of her friends to become vegan (by example and not being pushy). :)

We had tofurky with gravy, mashed potatoes, fried/candied yams, corn, green beans, and garlic dinner rolls. Veggies with vegan ranch dip, and chips and pico de gallo salsa, and avocado salsa to eat while waiting for the food. The avocado salsa also tasted great on the mashed potatoes.
For dessert we had two types of brownies, and regular and chocolate Daiya cheesecakes.

It was all delicious.

I decided to go to the vegan potluck. The food was great: lentil pilaf, a potato casserole, cranberry chutney, some sort of tabouleh which was AMAZING, homemade breads, several different roasted vegetables, mini-burritos made with beans and Daiya... and of course desserts... but by that time I was almost too stuffed to really go for them, although I have more of a sweet tooth now than I did as a kid. I walked many of the calories off by hiking about 2.5 miles to and from the place though. The weather was great for it!

It was easier to get to this than to my sister's new place because mass transit doesn't run in her area on holidays. But I called her after I got home and we talked a bit. This Christmas I might rent a car to visit her family. They offered to come get me (which I appreciated, and told her so) but it would have been two round trips about 60 miles each, and I just didn't want to put them out. Or if they have the room, I'll bring my sleeping bag and stay overnight on the floor, where their 3 cats can keep me company.

@Tom...the potluck sounds so nice! I’m glad you enjoyed it.

I think you should go and spend Christmas with your sister. :)

Last edited:
Happy Thanksgiving to our Canadian friends! (Monday, October 8)

Don't forget to tell us what veg*an goodies you have on your table.

Reactions: Val and KLS52
Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.