The Tea & Infusion Thread.

I'm so particular about closed mugs. Mine is a Contigo, and def keeps things at their temp for a couple hours or more!
It's hard to drink from with the lid, I take it off to drink.
I'd like ceramic, kinda sorry I didn't splurge on that!

Reactions: Lou
I have several Contigos. And mostly I don't favor them. if I put coffee in them, the coffee stays so hot for so long - you have to take the top off and wait a while before you can drink it. I do have one that I really like because it not only has a handle but it even fits nicely in my car's cup holder. If I'm planning on drinking coffee in the car, I'll put an ice cube in it.

My favorite traveling coffee tumbler is the one I bought at Starbucks over 20 years ago. It was made (partially) out of recycled plastic. Back in the day when I used to actually drink coffee at Starbucks it was the one I would bring. The fact that it has lasted this long is either a testament to my care of it or the manufacturers quality.

I gave up on travel mugs. I just don’t like drinking from them and they never keep my coffee hot enough.
I thought I already posted this, about the yeti, so I might be repeating myself, but I don’t see it. My daughter talked me into a yeti. She claims it keeps her drinks hot for hours. It didn’t keep mine hot longer than 40 minutes.
Turns out, if you put it in boiling hot, it will stay hot longer. But what good is it if it’s too hot to drink right away! 🤦🏻‍♀️

I gave up on travel mugs. I just don’t like drinking from them and they never keep my coffee hot enough.
I thought I already posted this, about the yeti, so I might be repeating myself, but I don’t see it. My daughter talked me into a yeti. She claims it keeps her drinks hot for hours. It didn’t keep mine hot longer than 40 minutes.
Turns out, if you put it in boiling hot, it will stay hot longer. But what good is it if it’s too hot to drink right away! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Before tumblers or travel mugs were a thing I would take my double walled stainless steel one quart thermos to work. It had a cup on the top. I would pour the coffee in the cup and close the thermos. The coffee in the cup would cool off just like it does everywhere else. Maybe faster cause it only held 8 oz and had a wider top. the coffee in the thermos would stay hot for hours. And the info that came with the thermos did suggest pre-heating the thermos with hot water. My coffee stayed hot for hours although it cooled faster as the level of coffee in the thermos went down.

Maybe you should get something like that. And they make smaller thermoses too.

My second favorite travel mug is a double walled stainless. and the reason it isn't my favorite travel mug is that when the mug is filled with hot coffee and closed it takes hours for it to cool enough to drink. Even with the top open it takes a long time for it too cool enough to drink. and with the top open the coffee is still hot 40 minutes later.

I don't know anything about the Yeti. I did look at their website but they make a variety of products. Do you now which one you have? I have several Contigos. They all seem to work the same.

My requirements for a travel mug is where you can drink out of it with the lid on and the lid doesn't drip coffee when you are done sipping. It shouldn't leak even when its upside down. the lid itself should be easy to clean (some have springs or levers inside). I like the ones that have a handle so I can carry it with just one finger when my hands are full of other stuff. and fits in my car's cup holders (some bottoms are too wide or the handle gets in the way.

I have not heard of gunpowder green tea, but I have a pound of it now. I will try it tomorrow morning. It is way too late for caffeine today. Also a bunch of different colored reusable tea bags.

Attachments

• PXL_20210127_195143884.jpg
    PXL_20210127_195143884.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20210127_195322069.jpg
    PXL_20210127_195322069.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 5
Reactions: KLS52
My mom has a Yeti that she uses for water. Ice lasts for quite a while in it, which is good. She sips on a couple of those a day. I think it's 24 ounces or so.

A larger Chinese grocery I used to go to HAD their bulk tea canisters and the tea of the day made to sample. I honestly didn't care for most, including gunpowder, smokey. I also remember sencha, which just tasted burnt to me

Yes the Conitigo really does keep things hot, esp if preheated. I only want it for rooibos at work though, so I add cold water to the hot

My mom has a Yeti that she uses for water. Ice lasts for quite a while in it, which is good. She sips on a couple of those a day. I think it's 24 ounces or so.
I do think they work better for cold than hot.

• Agree
Reactions: PTree15
I have not heard of gunpowder green tea, but I have a pound of it now. I will try it tomorrow morning. It is way too late for caffeine today. Also a bunch of different colored reusable tea bags.
A pound?! I hope you like it. the way
How did you end up with it.

I am a bit crazy. It is really fantastic. I am enjoying it. I have a nice cup in the morning. Almost too much caffeine, but tasty.

Reactions: PTree15
You bought a year's worth of tea you've never had ??
I googled how much in a pound of loose tea and it came up 181 cups.
I did that with tulsi years ago and threw it out when we moved :confused:. Wish I hadn't, it would have probably lasted!
I have spices from years ago I still use, so what if they're not as strong? If I liked them that much they'd have been gone already :laughing:

I did that with powdered chai before. It was amazing. I even made chai cookies, like sugar cookies.
That sounds good!
I made some rice with the tulsi, and really why I wish I still had it! I've heard of doing rice in different green teas
I bet that would be good with mango--I love mango sticky rice!

Reactions: SuicideBlonde
I bought some new teas. I bought them online and despite the fact that the company said they were having shipping issues, I still got them pretty fast.
The company is The Republic of Tea and I'm kind of liking them. They have a "loyalty program" and I joined and now the tea I order counts toward discounts. And they threw in a couple of tea bags for me to sample.
I got the sample pack of Chocolate Teas. There are four different kinds and I have tried 3 of them already. They really aren't chocolatey. Just sort of a hint of chocolate.
My least favorite is the Coconut Cocoa. And it doesn't contain any tea. It contains roasted carob and roasted chicory. It also has a stronger hint of coconut. It is the only one that contains caffeine - and just a little.
My favorite so far is the Red Velvet Chocolate. It is a combination of Rooibos and beet root tea with blueberry, chocolate and vanilla flavors. Right now I'm drinking the Peppermint Chocolate. It barely tastes like chocolate or peppermint.
I also got a can of Honeybush Vanilla Turmeric. A lot of the Republic of Tea's teas are touted as medicinal. This one also includes probiotics. I hadn't tried any honey bush yet and I really like it. I would like to try some without the turmeric. If I can find it somewhere.

My favorite so far is the Red Velvet Chocolate. It is a combination of Rooibos and beet root tea with blueberry, chocolate and vanilla flavors.

I have no words............

• Wow
My favorite so far is the Red Velvet Chocolate. It is a combination of Rooibos and beet root tea with blueberry, chocolate and vanilla flavors. Right now I'm drinking the Peppermint Chocolate. It barely tastes like chocolate or peppermint.
I also got a can of Honeybush Vanilla Turmeric. A lot of the Republic of Tea's teas are touted as medicinal. This one also includes probiotics. I hadn't tried any honey bush yet and I really like it. I would like to try some without the turmeric. If I can find it somewhere.
Sometimes it seems these flavored teas are more about the aroma than the taste. I would love chocolate peppermint, though. :D

• Agree