The Tea & Infusion Thread.

But then you have to go all anglophile and get a silver tea tray with matching porcelain creamer and sugar bowl. and a butler to bring you the tea set. Oh, and a Lady to pour the tea.

Or you might want to go all Asian with Geishas and gongs. :)

Where did you get that idea from ? :confused:

I accidently used 2 bags of rooibos in my metal travel mug at work, and I left it there with the bags all wet inside. Is it okay to do that? Just add hot water tomorrow? I do that at home often, but leave in a little bowl and they dry out. I mean, the cups sealed tight :shrug:

On a side note, my failed attempt at a fermented 'ginger bug' made a nice gingery syrup I've added to tea!

I accidently used 2 bags of rooibos in my metal travel mug at work, and I left it there with the bags all wet inside. Is it okay to do that? Just add hot water tomorrow? I do that at home often, but leave in a little bowl and they dry out. I mean, the cups sealed tight :shrug:

On a side note, my failed attempt at a fermented 'ginger bug' made a nice gingery syrup I've added to tea!
I always drink tea that’s leftover and not refrigerated. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would add water if it’s too strong from having the tea bags still soaking.

• Informative
Reactions: Lou
I always drink tea that’s leftover and not refrigerated. 🤷🏻‍♀️ I would add water if it’s too strong from having the tea bags still soaking.
Yeah, me too. Just wanted to check! Poppy would have said no I bet!

• Haha
Reactions: KLS52
I have been restricting my caffeine to less than 100 mg a day. I could probably give it up but I've heard that small doses may even have health benefits.

Reactions: KLS52
I have been restricting my caffeine to less than 100 mg a day. I could probably give it up but I've heard that small doses may even have health benefits.
I think if caffeine doesn’t bother you, and you don’t have any medical issues that can be adversely affected by it...anxiety, sleep disorder, high blood pressure, arrhythmia, etc...then it’s fine to have some.

• Informative
Reactions: Chryssie
I think if caffeine doesn’t bother you, and you don’t have any medical issues that can be adversely affected by it...anxiety, sleep disorder, high blood pressure, arrhythmia, etc...then it’s fine to have some.

There is also evidence that coffee is actually good for you

I hate my steel travel mug. We have to have closed containers at work which is why I bought it. I left my tea bags overnight and it tasted funny today. Can't switch between tea and coffee without a really good scrub with baking soda!

Anyone drink Tulsi--- Holy Basil? Thinking of getting some loose, I had some years ago, and in addition to drinking it hot I liked it to cook rice.
Is known for health benefits I can use!

Anyone drink Tulsi--- Holy Basil? Thinking of getting some loose, I had some years ago, and in addition to drinking it hot I liked it to cook rice.
Is known for health benefits I can use!
I wish I could give you one of my travel mugs. I have too many. When the lock down is over I plan on bringing a few down to the Salvation Army.

I have a box of Tulsi Sleep. Its from Organics of India. It contains Tulsi
and a bunch of other things. And it works pretty good, too.