Package Exchange THE SUMMER EXCHANGE PHOTO THREAD

VVExchange082314.jpg
Let's kick off the festivities!!
My sender was the fabulous Sallyomally!
My lovely package was practically bursting at the seams with Tex-Mex goodies.
-A carton of VitaCoco coconut water - lemonade flavor
-A bottle of Sweet Leaf green tea
-A grinder of Chipotle seasoning blend
-A bag of lemon-infused pistachios
-A jar of peach salsa
-A bottle of garlic-infused cooking oil
-A bag of The Good Bean roasted chickpeas (smoky chipotle flavor)
-An assortment of marzipan
Also included, were ingredients to make Mexican White Bean Soup (recipe included with the package)
-A bag of dried white beans
-A can of Hatch diced tomatoes with green chilis
-A can of salsa verde
-A bag of guajillo chile powder
-Bouillon and other spices needed for the soup
Not pictured is a Mason jar shaped plastic drink tumbler with reusable plastic ice cubes. Unfortunately, the outer wall of the drink tumbler was broken in transit, but I still plan on using the ice cubes (=

Thank you so much for all the loot! I can't wait to try the soup recipe. With all the cooler weather we have been experiencing in the Northeast already, we may well skip right over September and have Double October (which, frankly, I am okay with.) It will be soup weather soon enough.

Alright everyone... show me your goods!

August2014Exchange.jpg

My awesome package came from the wonderful Gingerfoxx!

Hubby and I tried the coconut chips and they are so good! Funny thing is I sent the same exact item to my exchange person (Vee) but had never tried them. They are quite tasty. Can't wait to try the rest of the yummies.

Going to bring the umbrella to work as right now I have a tiny little one in my desk drawer that doesn't cut it and this time of year you never know when it might decide to pour. Most of the time it is when I am getting ready to go to lunch...

The handmade pen is excellent! I love thicker pens because I hold writing utensils strangely (or so I am told) and the medium ink is perfect; fine point ones and I do not have a good relationship. It will get a workout as I do a lot of signing at my job and will look pretty in my pen holder when not using it. Is it made from modeling clay?

Love the cup, such pretty colors! The hair cream looks interesting, will be trying that on the curly dust mop on top of my head.

And last but far from least thank you so much of the Rainbow Bridge figurine. Losing Aja 1 1/2 years ago to DM and then losing Sedona unexpectedly 6 weeks ago to Hemangiosarcoma has been tough (miss my girls). I have been trying for over a year to set up a proper memorial in the office at our house for Aja and now Sedona but keep crying every time I try. Your figurine I think has given me the strength to try again this upcoming weekend. Hubby (Bob) wanted me to thank you as well, he said it was very thoughtful of you to think of the girls.

Thank you so much for everything.

View attachment 5003
Let's kick off the festivities!!
My sender was the fabulous Sallyomally!
My lovely package was practically bursting at the seams with Tex-Mex goodies.
-A carton of VitaCoco coconut water - lemonade flavor
-A bottle of Sweet Leaf green tea
-A grinder of Chipotle seasoning blend
-A bag of lemon-infused pistachios
-A jar of peach salsa
-A bottle of garlic-infused cooking oil
-A bag of The Good Bean roasted chickpeas (smoky chipotle flavor)
-An assortment of marzipan
Also included, were ingredients to make Mexican White Bean Soup (recipe included with the package)
-A bag of dried white beans
-A can of Hatch diced tomatoes with green chilis
-A can of salsa verde
-A bag of guajillo chile powder
-Bouillon and other spices needed for the soup
Not pictured is a Mason jar shaped plastic drink tumbler with reusable plastic ice cubes. Unfortunately, the outer wall of the drink tumbler was broken in transit, but I still plan on using the ice cubes (=

Thank you so much for all the loot! I can't wait to try the soup recipe. With all the cooler weather we have been experiencing in the Northeast already, we may well skip right over September and have Double October (which, frankly, I am okay with.) It will be soup weather soon enough.

Alright everyone... show me your goods!

You are very welcome! So sorry for the casualty. Look for a new one in your mail soon. Hope you'll enjoy your treats!

Reactions: GingerFoxx
My awesome package came from the wonderful Gingerfoxx!

Hubby and I tried the coconut chips and they are so good! Funny thing is I sent the same exact item to my exchange person (Vee) but had never tried them. They are quite tasty. Can't wait to try the rest of the yummies.

Going to bring the umbrella to work as right now I have a tiny little one in my desk drawer that doesn't cut it and this time of year you never know when it might decide to pour. Most of the time it is when I am getting ready to go to lunch...

The handmade pen is excellent! I love thicker pens because I hold writing utensils strangely (or so I am told) and the medium ink is perfect; fine point ones and I do not have a good relationship. It will get a workout as I do a lot of signing at my job and will look pretty in my pen holder when not using it. Is it made from modeling clay?

Love the cup, such pretty colors! The hair cream looks interesting, will be trying that on the curly dust mop on top of my head.

And last but far from least thank you so much of the Rainbow Bridge figurine. Losing Aja 1 1/2 years ago to DM and then losing Sedona unexpectedly 6 weeks ago to Hemangiosarcoma has been tough (miss my girls). I have been trying for over a year to set up a proper memorial in the office at our house for Aja and now Sedona but keep crying every time I try. Your figurine I think has given me the strength to try again this upcoming weekend. Hubby (Bob) wanted me to thank you as well, he said it was very thoughtful of you to think of the girls.

Thank you so much for everything.

I am so glad you liked what I picked out. Since we have exchanged many times in the past, it's always a new challenge to come up with different things to send. I know you were lamenting about rainy Florida weather, and the woes of curly hair. The purple daisy print umbrella was adorable, and bound to turn some heads in a sea of solid color ones. I have used Desert Essence products in the past, although I have no experience with that specific one. Hopefully it gives you favorable results, or at the very least moisturizes and smells of coconuts, which is a win in my book.
The pen is just a regular Bic pen I covered with bakeable polymer clay, so when the ink runs out you can pull the ink cartridge out of the top with some pliers and stick a new one in there.
I know your shepherds are your world, and it broke my heart to hear of your recent losses so close together. I am sure the memorial you create will pay them proper tribute, and I am glad I was able to contribute in some small way.

WHERE OH WHERE HAVE ALL THE EXCHANGERS GONE??? :???: We need pics, pretty please.:wave: The most important part of the exchange is the opportunity to post pics or at least a list of your treats and properly thank your sender. :up: Come on! Let's see those pics!:doggy:

Reactions: GingerFoxx
WHERE OH WHERE HAVE ALL THE EXCHANGERS GONE??? :???: We need pics, pretty please.:wave: The most important part of the exchange is the opportunity to post pics or at least a list of your treats and properly thank your sender. :up: Come on! Let's see those pics!:doggy:

Ditto.:D

My package arrived from Wolfie! :starshower:

I got a box of peppermint tea, a package of mint Oreo cookies, a HUGE bar of Belgian dark chocolate, two Larabars (one apple and one chocolate coconut), a bag of hard candies, apple flavor, a reusable Hy-Vee supermarket bag, and a thingy that says "Keep Calm and Love Cats". Oh, and for the cats, a catnip toy and a package of kitty treats, the contents of which are gone already. :D :cat::cat:

THANK YOU, WOLFIE! Everything is wonderful!

I forgot to mention yesterday that Wolfie also sent me some raw almonds, which I love. I slipped up because I immediately transferred them to a Ziploc bag and stuck the bag in my purse, for snack/hunger attacks when I'm out somewhere. It's always a good idea for everyone to carry something like that with you for such purposes. Thanks again, Wolfie! :)

Reactions: sallyomally
My sender was Vee. Thanks for everything! Please don't mind the empty packages in the photo. I have a bad habit of eating first, taking pictures later. The milk bottles were particularly awesome. No, those weren't my recipes in How It All Vegan, so must be 2 of us!

I am getting the message "the uploaded file is too large for the server to process." Anyone know how I fix that? It's not happened before when I try to post pictures.

I regretfully never got the pics posted from the past 2 exchanges either. My awesome sender from the spring bag exchange was Virpukka and from the winter exchange was Chryssie. Loved everything. Virpukka, the wiener nougat was particularly addicting. USA is certainly lacking in selection of vegan chocolate that takes like milk chocolate. That was amazing. Chryssie, loved all the wolf cub figurine. He has a special place on my shelf.

I will post those pictures too, if I figure out how.

My package arrived from Wolfie! :starshower:

I got a box of peppermint tea, a package of mint Oreo cookies, a HUGE bar of Belgian dark chocolate, two Larabars (one apple and one chocolate coconut), a bag of hard candies, apple flavor, a reusable Hy-Vee supermarket bag, and a thingy that says "Keep Calm and Love Cats". Oh, and for the cats, a catnip toy and a package of kitty treats, the contents of which are gone already. :D :cat::cat:

THANK YOU, WOLFIE! Everything is wonderful!

I'm glad you and the kitties enjoyed it!

Anyone on the pictures? It keeps telling me they are too big, and I am too computer illiterate to figure it out.

I will post a detailed list of the Mother of All Boxes tomorrow, but couldn't wait any longer for you to enjoy the awesome goodies. Amy, thank you so very much .I am blown away by the thoughtfulness that went into each and every item, and plan to enjoy every delicious and beautiful thing.

Attachments

• amy all stuff.jpg
    amy all stuff.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 218
  • amy bracelets.jpg
    amy bracelets.jpg
    206.6 KB · Views: 215
  • amy butters.jpg
    amy butters.jpg
    210.1 KB · Views: 191
  • amy.jpg
    amy.jpg
    164.9 KB · Views: 210
At last a list of the contents from The Box of Awesome/Mother of All Boxes:

*organic kitty treats (well received,but must be given out discretely due to puppy enthusiasm)
*adorable soft moose doggy toy
*dark chocolate mint bar
*ginger lentil and and garlic brown rice mixes
*apple pie Lara bar (long gone)
*gigantic chocolate chip cookie (not pictured-didn't make it that far-yes, I ate the whole thing)
*pizza flax snax
*seasoned zucchini strips snacks
*zesty nacho kale chips (long since gone)
*organic fresh fruit candies (OMG.....)
*organic apple slices snacks
*gingerbread spice tea (made an amazing pitcher of iced tea)
* red travel blanket (I have had my eye on these for some time)
*Santa Monica bag and sun visor in the prettiest sunny yellow
*a bar of French milled almond scented organic shea butter soap (smells divine)
*AND... tucked away inside the cute yellow bag- Home Chef Collection Madras Vegetables Complete Spice Mix( can't wait to try)
*an exquisite bracelet with a gorgeous satin bag
* an amazing assortment of raw nut butters (have mercy..:drool:)

Again, thank you so very much,Amy. I have to confess to sampling every single snack and all have been delicious.:thanks::smitten:Your generosity is greatly appreciated!