The Good Memories thread

This is Mandi. She was mom to my Thor, Cybil, Tommy and Beavis. She reminds me of my Stella only she has more white on her face. She was a pretty girl but she had the typical mean streak that calicos are known to have. Stella doesn’t have it, thankfully.
354563D2-7EF2-459A-9686-419BAEDB4529.jpeg

Last edited:
A couple of my favorite pictures of Shady and Fifty:

sleepy_colin_shady_dec04.jpg

100_2134.JPG

three_kittens_toys_sml.jpg
Fifty is the one in the back. Screamer is sitting in the baby toilet seat and the one in front is their sister Lil Mama. I wish this was dated!

fifty_grooming_jer.JPG

Fifty always liked to "groom" your hair!

Gone seven years today. He still remains my number one, my soulcat. Whenever I get mad at one of my current crew (mostly Bratt), I always shake my head and think of Thor and how good he was, lol.

It’s odd how madly in Love I am with Ben, Bratt, Joon and Stella, yet there can still be that one that came before them, that just holds that extra special place in your heart.
AFECFCF2-C185-4F8A-AE78-AD3C00D6541A.jpeg

Gone seven years today. He still remains my number one, my soulcat. Whenever I get mad at one of my current crew (mostly Bratt), I always shake my head and think of Thor and how good he was, lol.

It’s odd how madly in Love I am with Ben, Bratt, Joon and Stella, yet there can still be that one that came before them, that just holds that extra special place in your heart.
View attachment 16392

Awwww - he was gorgeous. :hug::hug::hug: KL.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
Thinking of my beautiful boy and trying not to be too sad, but rather be thankful for the time I had with him. He had the cutest, sweetest face and a disposition to go with it. <3

5CF6D6EC-55D3-493E-8B65-4D96F7007009.jpeg
325B9FEA-7013-47ED-BC39-7BC0E4581387.jpeg
D745E641-760B-47D3-A1B4-DF0598E4ADAB.jpeg

Attachments

• 85472136-A4FA-4977-A73E-3DF18A5CEB06.jpeg
    85472136-A4FA-4977-A73E-3DF18A5CEB06.jpeg
    299.3 KB · Views: 34
  • Friendly
Reactions: Tom L.
The last full week of September, several days after work, I went to the street where my family lived back in the '60s. I was remembering our calico cat Peasant whom we had there during that time, and sort of celebrating the (56th??!!) anniversary of my sister and I finding her.

It was a good feeling... remembering both my parents and that cat.

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and KLS52
The last full week of September, several days after work, I went to the street where my family lived back in the '60s. I was remembering our calico cat Peasant whom we had there during that time, and sort of celebrating the (56th??!!) anniversary of my sister and I finding her.

It was a good feeling... remembering both my parents and that cat.

I think that many of us who are seniors have the need to reconnect with places that we lived in. A couple of years ago I went back to the village that I lived in when I was a young tot and visited my primary school. The staff even let me into the classroom which triggered a few memories.

I really feel the need to go back and visit these places and don't really know why. My aunt says that I'm very nostalgic person. :)

I often wonder who will live in my flat when I'm gone. My home will then no longer be mine and someone else's who will create memories etc.

It's positive that you have positive feelings further to your visit to the street, where you once lived. :up:

• Friendly
Reactions: Val and Tom L.