The Freelee & Gary Yourofsky Controversy: Death to Non Vegans & Human Hating?

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
Could not watch the video, but from the Blog post linked in the post:

for my vegans, take the energy you’d spend writing a hateful comment or gossiping online and make a video calling out the horrors of dairy or exposing the horrific life of laying hens. or going into the schools to speak the truth about what animals are going through. or go volunteer at a farm sanctuary. if you think freelee’s or gary’s or my or anyone’s activism is ineffective or damaging, then go do your own form of activism with everything you’ve got. that is how we make change. not by petty infighting, gossiping and hate. that’s an insult to the animals in the highest degree. and they deserve more from us. from all of us.

Emily, thank you for your thoughtful and helpful suggestion!

Best regards,
Andy

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
Could not watch the video, but from the Blog post linked in the post:

Emily, thank you for your thoughtful and helpful suggestion!

Best regards,
Andy
Anytime :) glad it was constructive- that was my whole hope this this video, which, while about controversy is far from controversial ;)

Great video, BSV. Particularly your description of how one's emotional / mental state can be stressed to the point of rage and utter heartbreak. Articulated perfectly. You should make a transcript of this available.

Also the bit about vegan infighting. It's become such an online epidemic that I'm about to swear off all vegan FB groups. Instead of educating and supporting one another, it's become a daily grind of dick-wagging, flaming and trolling. Quite depressing.

Edit: ...and Gary Y and Freelee might do well to take a few pointers from this video as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Danielle
Great video, BSV. Particularly your description of how one's emotional / mental state can be stressed to the point of rage and utter heartbreak. Articulated perfectly. You should make a transcript of this available.

Also the bit about vegan infighting. It's become such an online epidemic that I'm about to swear off all vegan FB groups. Instead of educating and supporting one another, it's become a daily grind of dick-wagging, flaming and trolling. Quite depressing.

Edit: ...and Gary Y and Freelee might do well to take a few pointers from this video as well.
Thank you so much! so glad it came across well. i was very hesitant to make this but I felt it could be beneficial... If you every want transcripts, go to my website- usually the post is almost spot on to what I say. Each is linked in the description of the video usually at the bottom unless I have a very academic one and then I move it up. :)

Thank you so much! so glad it came across well. i was very hesitant to make this but I felt it could be beneficial... If you every want transcripts, go to my website- usually the post is almost spot on to what I say. Each is linked in the description of the video usually at the bottom unless I have a very academic one and then I move it up. :)

Awesome - thanks! Interested to hear your thoughts on the theory of Intersectionality as outlined in this post.

It was somewhat inspired by this thread.

It's so distressing when egos and politics take us away from the real issues--saving the animals! I agree that this was a great video. BSV, you are quite articulate and direct, two things I really appreciate! Thank you for your continued efforts.

Reactions: Bite Size Vegan
It's so distressing when egos and politics take us away from the real issues--saving the animals! I agree that this was a great video. BSV, you are quite articulate and direct, two things I really appreciate! Thank you for your continued efforts.
well thank you very much. I do my best ;)