Is Soy Feminizing? | Gary Yourofsky Weighs In

Bite Size Vegan

Vegan Fruit-Ninja
Reaction score
is soy really bad for you? or is the hype just another attempt to weaken the vegan cause? in this interview, vegan activist Gary Yourofsky addresses the “soy controversy” and debunks the myths surrounding soy- particularly the issue of soy causes excess production of estrogen. watch to find out what’s truth, what’s just hype, and where all this soy fear comes from. and, in a bonus video, gary talks about GMOs! watch it in the ViVArea ViV Area- Exclusive Content | Bite Size Vegan

Yourofsky is in BIG trouble if I ever meet him.

(Death by hero worship is no laughing matter.)

Anyways, back on topic ...

I once saw a graph that mapped out four trends from something like 1940-90; Pernicous puberty in girls, sperm count in men (due to the white male patriarchal conspiracy sperm count in women was completely ignored), average dairy consumption and the feeding of estrogen to the dairy herds.

As both dairy consumption and the amount of estrogen pumped into cows soared so did pernicious puberty in girls whilst male sperm counts plummeted.

Since then I've always found worries that soy might make men into nancies more than a little bit funny.

Yourofsky is in BIG trouble if I ever meet him.

(Death by hero worship is no laughing matter.)

Anyways, back on topic ...

I once saw a graph that mapped out four trends from something like 1940-90; Pernicous puberty in girls, sperm count in men (due to the white male patriarchal conspiracy sperm count in women was completely ignored), average dairy consumption and the feeding of estrogen to the dairy herds.

As both dairy consumption and the amount of estrogen pumped into cows soared so did pernicious puberty in girls whilst male sperm counts plummeted.

Since then I've always found worries that soy might make men into nancies more than a little bit funny.
ha! love it :)

Its ironic that he likes to say "BS" so much given that much of what he said is just that. Soy doesn't contain estrogen, that is a misconception, instead it contains compounds known as phytoestrogens and the two are not the same. Meat and dairy do contain more estrogen than soy.....but that is only because soy doesn't contain any estrogen. The amount of hormones in meat depends on the meat and the type of fed and supplements given to the animal....but just because you eat something with hormones in it doesn't mean those hormones actually get absorbed in the blood stream. Eating meat, or drinking dairy, doesn't seem to change sex hormones in humans. Same goes with eating soy.

But he is right about one thing, one shouldn't be worried about soy, but his reasoning is all wrong.

Don't you know, eating soy as a male will make you grow breasts. Of course it will, all vegetarian males have huge female like breasts.