Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

how are you all doing? (those that had covid)... hope you are recovering nicely and that is won't interfere with your holiday plans

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I'm still testing positive, unfortunately, although I'm feeling much better. So, I continue to self-isolate. My wife and daughter have managed to avoid infection, thankfully.

My wife's family from America are visiting for Christmas, though they have accommodation elsewhere. Hopefully, I will test negative tomorrow ... or soon, in any event, so I can take part in all the holiday merriment.

@Indian Summer

I'm sorry to hear you are still testing positive, but glad you are feeling better.

As for me, I've been totally clear for several days now. I am pretty much feeling 100% again, thankfully. I know so many people with Covid right now though. This is the worst I've seen it here since the pandemic started. Seriously, I have never known this many people to be sick with Covid at one time since it began back in 2019. Luckily, no one I know is seriously ill.

@Indian Summer

I'm sorry to hear you are still testing positive, but glad you are feeling better.

As for me, I've been totally clear for several days now. I am pretty much feeling 100% again, thankfully. I know so many people with Covid right now though. This is the worst I've seen it here since the pandemic started. Seriously, I have never known this many people to be sick with Covid at one time since it began back in 2019. Luckily, no one I know is seriously ill.

thank you for the warning! and good to hear you are in the clear - fingers crossed for you @Veganite

Emma JC

Reactions: Veganite
My daughter’s mother in law has tested positive for the third time since this all began. I don’t think she received the bivalent booster, not that that seems to matter because people who are fully vaccinated and boosted are still getting it. And obviously, those who have already had it are still getting it, even with the natural immunity. Geesh.

My daughter’s mother in law has tested positive for the third time since this all began. I don’t think she received the bivalent booster, not that that seems to matter because people who are fully vaccinated and boosted are still getting it. And obviously, those who have already had it are still getting it, even with the natural immunity. Geesh.
Out of interest KLS, does she wear a mask.

Out of interest KLS, does she wear a mask.
I'm pretty sure she doesn't but I can't be sure. She does go out every weekend to restaurants/bars that have live music. She's a 78 year old cancer survivor. I feel like she should be more cautious but she lives alone and I know she's lonely so I try not to judge.

Two of my friends just got sick with Covid. And my niece and nephew.

Well the weather has caused me to hunker down. The only places I go with people are the grocery store and they gym. I never stopped wearing a mask at the grocery store. I just started going back to the gym and I'm wearing a mask there now too.

I'm pretty sure she doesn't but I can't be sure. She does go out every weekend to restaurants/bars that have live music. She's a 78 year old cancer survivor. I feel like she should be more cautious but she lives alone and I know she's lonely so I try not to judge.

I think that she may feel (being a cancer survivor) that you only live once and should enjoy things whilst you can.

People are dropping like flies…two more acquaintances tested positive.
Daughter’s MIL is still feeling poorly…she said it’s actually worse than the first time she had it and that was the bad strain that was landing everyone in the hospital. 😞 I hope she will be ok.

My coworker is staying home from Covid. She stayed home Thursday because she had a fever, came in Friday, and hasn't come in since then. It is likely I was near her when she got it, but I don't feel sick at all. My boss got it over our Christmas break. My foreman's been sick lately but it's all been ear related, so hopefully not covid.

Last edited:
I am seeing a lot more photos on TV of people wearing masks, politicians etc - that is good as we don't need a huge rebound.

Emma JC
A lot of people in stores are wearing masks, including myself. I must admit, one reason for me is that I'm super sensitive to the sudden temp changes when you get inside the store--either cold to warm or warm to cold, I'm prone to sneezing fits
The media is no longer advocating masks. It's like here in the US the dems just blame it all on trump, and don't want to step on anyones feeling by promoting a mandate people resist

• Friendly
Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
I went to see a new hairdresser yesterday and she had been at the nightclub I went to before xmas, but she went there a week later and she said that she and all the people she was with at the club caught Covid afterwards!