Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

healing thoughts to you all!

@shyvas I watched a video yesterday about why some people don't get it, or at least, don't get any symptoms, it was quite interesting and had to do with a certain piece of DNA - I really hope I have the DNA piece :)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com

healing thoughts to you all!

@shyvas I watched a video yesterday about why some people don't get it, or at least, don't get any symptoms, it was quite interesting and had to do with a certain piece of DNA - I really hope I have the DNA piece :)

Emma JC
Find your vegan soulmate or just a friend. www.spiritualmatchmaking.com
I was sure hoping I had it.... :pout:
It isn't over yet people!
I must say, this is just like a reg cold

Here in Canada, we have provincial officers of health in Ontario and British Columbia advising people in the "strongest possible terms" to mask up. They stop short of making masking mandatory again because their political bosses won't allow them to, but there is no doubt that that's what the health officers feel would be appropriate.

I sure as heck am continuing to wear my mask and to limit contacts. I am glad that covid is no worse than a bad cold for many people, but my lungs couldn't handle it.

Here in Canada, we have provincial officers of health in Ontario and British Columbia advising people in the "strongest possible terms" to mask up. They stop short of making masking mandatory again because their political bosses won't allow them to, but there is no doubt that that's what the health officers feel would be appropriate.

I sure as heck am continuing to wear my mask and to limit contacts. I am glad that covid is no worse than a bad cold for many people, but my lungs couldn't handle it.
Which is what the US needs to do..... and the dems would be if it were the repubs in charge and they needed to criticize! 🙄
I had been masking too, went a while without, then about a month since I started up again.

My son woke up saying he was burning up at night :(. He's going to test soon

Interestingly enough,my asmtha is very much in control. Probably because I'm not going to work!

My son also has covid, and he has a fever :cry:. That leaves one son.....who's not much the caretaker 🙄
Everybody got covid! Guess who feels best ? 🙋‍♀️
They both have aches, chills, sweats and congestion. I just have congestion

I've had so many things to resolve over the phone it's just as well I'm home to do it, still messed up....
I went out for the decongestents you have to show ID for......discovered my drivers license expired 😳. Who knows when I'd have noticed that!
If you don't know, put your renewal on you calender :yes:

...another problem is companies aren't requiring anyone to test, BUT, if you do and admit to having covid it's an automatic 5 days off--at least in my place. No one wants to use their personal time so no one tests
Pretty sure the cdc says you stay home for five days. Day 1 is your first day of symptoms. After that, you can go out but you're supposed to mask for an additional five days. It does suck having to use your time, especially considering that most people go to work when they're sick, especially if it's just a cold.

Pretty sure the cdc says you stay home for five days. Day 1 is your first day of symptoms. After that, you can go out but you're supposed to mask for an additional five days. It does suck having to use your time, especially considering that most people go to work when they're sick, especially if it's just a cold.
Yeah, no one is required to test, and no one wants to test so they can go back to work! :mad: I've been around so many people at work who were out a day or two "with a cold" and masking "just in case" 🙄
So dumb, and so wrong! We went from mandatory testing if you called off one day to having everyone get together for meetings again and taking them at their word if they have covid-then penalizing them

@silva how is everyone feeling today?
I'm feeling ok as long as I'm still, still really congested. I tried doing very light stepping exercises, and then cleaning up a bit, and get dizzy with headache
I did get my drivers license renewed first thing in the morning. My picture looks like this-- 😳
Ist son is less achy. He said he had pains head to toe and could barely walk the last couple days, so that's good
Other son is also a bit better, he's been really achy and tired
I've had the kind of pains I used to get in my ankle, very sudden and like it freezes up, but not generally achy

I went to my local hospital and I noticed that very few of the staff had masks on. A few patients did. The people I see wearing masks these days on the streets are usually older, over the age of 60.

I went to my local hospital and I noticed that very few of the staff had masks on. A few patients did. The people I see wearing masks these days on the streets are usually older, over the age of 60.
:rolleyes: ignoring it doesn't mean it's gone......
Are there any predictions on future varients I wonder?
Medical centers need to be the ones people look to for guidance in whats happening. If they aren't masking it says you don't need to!

:rolleyes: ignoring it doesn't mean it's gone......
Are there any predictions on future varients I wonder?
Medical centers need to be the ones people look to for guidance in whats happening. If they aren't masking it says you don't need to!
It maybe is because I'm not living in London now. I just noticed when I left today that it seemed weird as I saw about 8 staff members unmasked and only one with a mask. 🤔When my mother in law was in hospital this year in London everyone wore masks. My husband had to wear one to be let inside to see her.

Any medical facility I've been to they all wear masks, although I noticed a couple who man the desk/phones have the mask situated just below their noses lol.

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
Any medical facility I've been to they all wear masks, although I noticed a couple who man the desk/phones have the mask situated just below their noses lol.
I see a lot of this around here, in grocery stores or other public places. I think it is the equivalent of leaving a 1-cent tip in a restaurant: the purpose is to show that you didn't just forget. Your non-compliance is intentional.

Reactions: Brian W and KLS52
The pandemic is far from over.

I see articles in the new everyday about new outbreaks in China and people there protesting lockdowns.

In the U.S. the number of people dying every week and the population of the U.S. is about the same.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC
I'm getting my flu jab tomorrow. I am going to take paracetamol and hope I don't get a bad reaction. I don't think I get the reaction every time so maybe I will be lucky! I was thinking apart from catching Covid back in March this year I haven't had even a cold since then.