Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

The burning roof of the mouth thing is a symptom of Covid.
I thought I had caught a cold from my decorator, but today I have a sore throat, a very hoarse voice and it feels like the skin has come off the top of the inside of my mouth. I don't have any fever this time, though. I don't feel that bad, but my voice sounds terrible.

I don't have any tests at home to check for Covid. The decorator said he is very ill with it, but he doesn't have any tests at home either.

I thought I had caught a cold from my decorator, but today I have a sore throat, a very hoarse voice and it feels like the skin has come off the top of the inside of my mouth. I don't have any fever this time, though. I don't feel that bad, but my voice sounds terrible.

I don't have any tests at home to check for Covid. The decorator said he is very ill with it, but he doesn't have any tests at home either.
Can you go to a clinic and get tested?

Can you go to a clinic and get tested?
I suppose so, but I think I might be still contagious if it is Covid. I have had workmen at my house today as well. I was outside in my garden with them and told them to stay away from me.

I did go into central London last week and then met four people from London for lunch. Then had the workmen and the decorator from London at my house too!

My husband sounded like he was getting a cold yesterday, but he is fine today.

My daughter’s mother in law has tested positive for the third time since this all began. I don’t think she received the bivalent booster, not that that seems to matter because people who are fully vaccinated and boosted are still getting it. And obviously, those who have already had it are still getting it, even with the natural immunity. Geesh.
She's sick again! Fever, chills, body aches! 😞 I don't think she tested yet. My daughter is nervous because she had her over on Sunday.

I was feeling ill when I woke up in the night last night and some of today. I had a hot bath about 11 am and then got back into bed but I had chills and was shivering even with about three layers of tops on. I took ibuprofen and fell asleep for an hour or two and woke up feeling much better and far too hot as I had so many layers of clothes on!

My husband just found out that the decorator has tested positive for Covid so I must have caught it from him. He is quite ill with it, but hopefully that was it for me and so it was fairly mild for me again. It is annoying how you can still catch it with all the jabs I've had. My husband seemed to escape it. His voice went slightly hoarse and he had a runny nose, but that was it for him.

Yeah, it seems to be back again. However I don't think it's been as bad as predicted.

My nephew tells me that the in-term for a person who has never has covid is No-Vid.
I has something right when the epidemic started. but I don't know if it was covid. So I might be one of the Novids.

I read on another forum the other day that we aren't having any more Covid jabs. Someone said her doctor told her. :iiam:

• Informative
Reactions: shyvas
I read on another forum the other day that we aren't having any more Covid jabs. Someone said her doctor told her. :iiam:

It looks like they are only offering jabs to the + 75 or those who have a weakened immune system.

Not sure what the protocol is over here. However, I will have to have a jab as I'm going to the US and you have to be
fully vaccinated to enter the country if you're an alien.

• Informative
Reactions: bEt
I'm not sure. I haven't seen a doctor since I moved here to ask them. I know I had a Covid jab at the start of last October so I thought if I was supposed to get another jab I would have heard by now.