Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

((((((hugs)))) sorry for your loss..

Thank you for the suggestions.. the meditation sounds good :) ..
Thank you. She was so full of life it was truly an immense loss. But I was fortunate to have her with me for such a long time. And her warm and loving presence during the Spring and Summer of 2020 was remarkable.

There is so much pressure to be productive and that's why letting oneself to just be and to breathe can be healing. But some can find meditation also difficult. Focusing can be hard at first and meditation can even bring up negative emotions or unwanted memories. Physical problems might also occur. My right knee gets sometimes achy if I sit in a cross-legged position for long periods at a time. Sitting on a pillow or a towel helps. Also, if sitting in a meditation posture hurts, it is completely okay to change position, so don't feel like you have to do it "right" way or to be perfect.
But over all, I think meditation could be recommended to almost everyone. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you. She was so full of life it was truly an immense loss. But I was fortunate to have her with me for such a long time. And her warm and loving presence during the Spring and Summer of 2020 was remarkable.

There is so much pressure to be productive and that's why letting oneself to just be and to breathe can be healing. But some can find meditation also difficult. Focusing can be hard at first and meditation can even bring up negative emotions or unwanted memories. Physical problems might also occur. My right knee gets sometimes achy if I sit in a cross-legged position for long periods at a time. Sitting on a pillow or a towel helps. Also, if sitting in a meditation posture hurts, it is completely okay to change position, so don't feel like you have to do it "right" way or to be perfect.
But over all, I think meditation could be recommended to almost everyone. :)

Animals really do bring so much to our lives, and ask for little in return.. 💜

Thank you, i will keep those tips in mind. Perhaps set up a meditation corner...

I have always found Maori inviting re their learning of culture, language except on one incident I just saw it as his problem not mine .
There is a bit of a bun fight going on the net with Lords latest waiata/ song along the lines of cultural appropriation. They sound like people who think everyone is racist except them.

They are welcoming enough, its just that their culture is so complicated and with all these protocols, im always afraid i am going to screw up somehow, i really know little about it.. despite being very familiar with Maori in an every day sense.

Reactions: Blues
Oh there is also all kinds of virtual social things to do.
My sister meets a bunch of people to play mahjong online. but there are lots of other group games online.

Imused to play solitaire.. that was a long time ago... 😂😂 when windows first came out..

Reactions: KLS52
I bought an adult colouring book during lockdown.

Listening to podcasts is good too. I saw on my phone that I downloaded Serial the other day. I totally forgot as I listen to music constantly!
I think I've listened to every season of Serial. Serial has spawned lots of similar podcasts and I've listened to them too. I liked White Lies a lot.

Reactions: Raven and Freesia
🥴it could only happen in NZ .
Auckland is in lockdown with the cops patrolling and road blocking roads out of Auckland because of COVID .
The cops saw a car in the distance turn around so they gave chase, it was gang members .

When the cops pulled them over they had a boot full of KFC and a 100 grand in cash .

I think I've listened to every season of Serial.
I think it was you who recommended it to me. :)
Auckland is in lockdown with the cops patrolling and road blocking roads out of Auckland because of COVID .
The cops saw a car in the distance turn around so they gave chase, it was gang members .

When the cops pulled them over they had a boot full of KFC and a 100 grand in cash .
I was talking to my vegan friend the other night about how strict it is in New Zealand from what you and Freesia say. She mentioned another country that is the same where she knows a vegan person living, completely forgotten what country it was now!

• Friendly
Reactions: Blues and Freesia

KFC is contraband in NZ? There was a guy in America who trafficked in Krispy Cremes (donuts).

Reactions: Freesia
KFC is contraband in NZ? There was a guy in America who trafficked in Krispy Cremes (donuts).
:) Well, it is and it isn't Lou . It seems they were trying to get into Auckland from a level 3 area where you could get KFC to Auckland which is at level 4 where you cant get KFC and got nabbed on the way with the KFC and a 100 grand cash .

Level 3 today now so people can get kfc if they want i guess... but we still cant leave Auckland without coming up against a police barrier.

you can get all manners of takeaway, cafe and restaurant food right now but i am not trying to get it... many are though.. 🙂

im hanging out for level 2, want to go into some retail shops.

• Friendly
Reactions: KLS52
I think it was you who recommended it to me. :)

I was talking to my vegan friend the other night about how strict it is in New Zealand from what you and Freesia say. She mentioned another country that is the same where she knows a vegan person living, completely forgotten what country it was now!

Yes it is strict.. but Aucklanders are remarkably compliant, (no matter what is said about us) so for most part it was event free, but we are starting to get a bit fed up tbh because it is our 5th lockdown and we have been getting all the lockdowns and the rest of nz much less, and it feels unfair.

• Friendly
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
I had my flu jab and I felt awful afterwards. I had it done at 8.30 this morning and was back home by 9 and felt like I had a fever and fell asleep for 2 and a half hours. I took paracetamol when I woke up and feel better now. I usually get that reaction but I've never had that reaction so quickly after the jab before.

I keep meaning to ask about the egg-free flu jab. I forget every year to ask about it!

Not sure why but I find it so bizarre watching tv shows that are incorporating covid into their story lines, more specifically, to see them wearing masks! It’s crazy. Commercials too!