Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

This article is well worth reading

It starts off by sort of scolding the media for the scary headlines that we have been seeing about possible worker shortages as a result of the mandates.

It finishes with some statistics that show that these mandates are working. And that the mandates themselves are righteous.

Reactions: PTree15 and Emma JC
Was just reading about a new anti viral drug being tested called molnupiravir by Merck which when given to people who had tested positive for covid-19 halved the number of people being admitted to hospital. And it works on all the variants. Apparently, there are several such drugs being tested out now. So this could be a game changer.

Finland has taken extreme measures to get the vaccination rates up in Kajaani.
The first thousand to get the vaccine will get free buckets, one/person.
This is funny, because Finns are completely crazy when it comes to free buckets. I don't know why. They just love their free buckets.
I'm hopeful that this will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rand is awesome, just like his father.
They're both crackpots.
You know covid vaccines not only largely prevent covid, but reduce severity if it is caught, and even more so, could prevent the mutations if enough people are vaccinated.
Covid is a highly contagious disease, and the more it spreads,the worse and harder to treat it gets. Yet, mister eye doctor and hypocrite feels people should have the right to their own personal freedom of choice in whether or not they get them, and that freedom should not restrict them in any way
You've asked what I meant by you suffering from entitlement. Here is another fine example, you choosing to honor the window dressing of freedom the right wing extremists hold, totally ignoring the fact your mentors want to restrict the rights of bodily autonomy, that interferes with no one, is not contagious in any way, affects no one but themselves. Like the slaveholders you've referenced before in the guise of 'freedom fighters', the Rands are nothing but patriarchal rich men who benefit from the hold they have on their followers.

Not that this will come as a surprise to anyone...

Good reporting. not surprised but I did not connect all the dots.

Neither here or there but I was told that some hospital workers are now calling ET tubes - Freedom Tubes.
I think its very black humor. but I like it.

Reactions: silva
They're both crackpots.
You know covid vaccines not only largely prevent covid, but reduce severity if it is caught, and even more so, could prevent the mutations if enough people are vaccinated.
Covid is a highly contagious disease, and the more it spreads,the worse and harder to treat it gets. Yet, mister eye doctor and hypocrite feels people should have the right to their own personal freedom of choice in whether or not they get them, and that freedom should not restrict them in any way
You've asked what I meant by you suffering from entitlement. Here is another fine example, you choosing to honor the window dressing of freedom the right wing extremists hold, totally ignoring the fact your mentors want to restrict the rights of bodily autonomy, that interferes with no one, is not contagious in any way, affects no one but themselves. Like the slaveholders you've referenced before in the guise of 'freedom fighters', the Rands are nothing but patriarchal rich men who benefit from the hold they have on their followers.
Yes. and now ninety percent or more of the people who die of covid are dying needlessly. We have a vaccine.
Read that a guy was having a heart attack in one of the souther states where the hospitals are impacted and his ambulance had to drive 90 minutes to find an open ER.

Zombie Death Cult.

A Man Died After Being Turned Away From 43 ICUs At Capacity Due To COVID, Family Says

• Sad
Reactions: Emma JC and KLS52
Natural immunity is The Best. Unless you're dead.
Yeah, this is what I thought but didn't dare to say when one of my classmates said that it's unfair that people at Pohjanmaa are persuaded to get vaccinated. His logic was that Pohjanmaalaiset don't travel so they shouldn't have to get vaccinated. He also I think suggested that natural immunity is much better than getting the vaccine.
But Pohjanmaalaiset could become extinct if an outsider brings Covid there. And waiting for natural immunity would also be risky.
I didn't know how to say this, because this truth is very harsh.

Reactions: Emma JC and Lou
I bought some herbal tablets called echinacea as I read that they are meant to be effective to avoid catching colds and they also reduce the length of your cold if you catch one. I thought as it is flu and cold season coming up...

Reactions: KLS52
echinacea is sort of weird. There are so many people who swear by it. but in most of the studies they've done it has shown to have little to no benefits.

I think there is more good evidence that zinc and vitamin C will help you get over a cold.

I have been taking vitamin C during pandemic. Not zinc though, but maybe it's in my general vegan vit. It was a British study about echinacea so it might not be over there. Anyway. It can't hurt to take it.

did a quick little google research and there are plenty of studies that show it has Some benefits.

what I read seems to point to the benefits of echinacea are after you catch a cold. That it can cut down on how long you have the cold. But that it does little to keep you from catching a cold.

Your general vegan vitamin probably contains some zinc. Probably not 100%. A big dose of zinc can cause nausea. also its best taken with food to alleviate nausea.the last multi I took had 125% zinc. I could not stomach it without food. but my new one is just 45%. and its not like the rest of my diet contains no zinc.

My general thoughts on disease prevention is pretty standard. Good nutrition, Good sleep, get some exercise and wash your hands. Good nutrition may include vitamin and mineral supplementation.

You might look into a product called Airborne. I think its marketing was originally as something to take for a few days before flying. Not that long ago airplanes were like Petri dishes for cold and flu viruses. I remember back in the day catching something every time I flew.

Airborne contains vitamins A, C, and E; magnesium; zinc; selenium; manganese; sodium; and an herbal extract blend of echinacea, ginger, vitex, Japanese catnip, isatis root, and forsythia.

Not sure how its marketed today but back then it was meant to take just for a few days before you flew. So I'm not sure what would happen if you took it every day - all the time.

Oh, just discovered that Airborne lost a lawsuit. False advertising.

This just in.

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, says he's a fan of two supplements to improve immunity—Vitamin C and Vitamin D—and takes both on a daily basis. "If you're deficient in vitamin D, that does have an impact on your susceptibility to infection," said Fauci in an interview last fall. "I would not mind recommending—and I do it myself—taking vitamin D supplements."​
He added: "The other vitamin that people take is vitamin C because it's a good antioxidant, so if people want to take a gram or so of vitamin C, that would be fine."​
Besides Vitamin D, Dr. Fauci has three other tips on how to boost your immune system:

• "Get a reasonable amount of sleep." Fauci and other experts recommend seven to nine hours of quality sleep each night.
  • "Get a good diet." Health experts like Fauci sum this up as focusing on whole foods like fruits and vegetables, lean protein, olive oil and nuts, while limiting processed food, fast food, saturated fat and added sugar.
  • "Try to avoid or alleviate severe stress, which we know can sometimes impact the immune system."

Reactions: Emma JC
They're both crackpots.
You've asked what I meant by you suffering from entitlement. Here is another fine example, you choosing to honor the window dressing of freedom the right wing extremists hold,
Since when is the collective good the responsibility of the individual? Sounds a lot like authoritarian collectivism, also why do you label all your political opponents as right wing extremist? You watch to much CNN, you're using the same Rhetoric as war lord Obama.
totally ignoring the fact your mentors want to restrict the rights of bodily autonomy, that interferes with no one, is not contagious in any way, affects no one but themselves.
What, no bodily autonomy for fetuses?
Like the slaveholders you've referenced before in the guise of 'freedom fighters',
Is it weren't for those slave holders, there's a good chance you would still be living under monarchy, and you wouldn't be complaining about your liberty, because you wouldn't have any, than again you might like that, that government will take good care of you so long as you give up your personal sovereignty, just think, you'd never have to be responsible for your own life!
the Rands are nothing but patriarchal rich men who benefit from the hold they have on their followers.
You mean like Joe Biden?