Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

Since when is the collective good the responsibility of the individual? Sounds a lot like authoritarian collectivism, also why do you label all your political opponents as right wing extremist? You watch to much CNN, you're using the same Rhetoric as war lord Obama.
Since society began? Since George Washington mandated vaccines for Americas troops?
I certainly do not label all those I disagree with politically right wing extremists, and I don't watch CNN.
You seem to enjoy being dismissive of progressives!
What, no bodily autonomy for fetuses?
No. A fetus does not have bodily autonomy. That's actually a stupid question.
Is it weren't for those slave holders, there's a good chance you would still be living under monarchy, and you wouldn't be complaining about your liberty, because you wouldn't have any, than again you might like that, that government will take good care of you so long as you give up your personal sovereignty, just think, you'd never have to be responsible for your own life!
So you also like Tom Cotton? The whole "slavery is a necessary evil"? Now there's a sure sign of entitlement! When someone can justify slavery as a means to an end, but be rally against mandatory vaccinations as taking away their 'rights'! :rofl:You really are ok with the genocide of Native Americans in the quest for a white nation, as well as the enslavement of Africans to build it?
You really have a very narrow view of freedom, and yes, it does seem to align with the extreme rights nationalist views

Since you mention the whole liberty and rebelling against the monarchy--what's your opinion of George Washingtons smallpox vaccine mandate? It was far less researched than the covid vaccine, and opposition was not allowed. I suppose you would rather have had his troops mutiny rather than succumb to the communistic idea of not having choice?

Last edited:
Reactions: PTree15 and Lou
Since when is the collective good the responsibility of the individual?
The phrase Common Good goes all the way back to Aristotle. Maybe before. We don't have many writing before then. The list of famous and well thought of philosphers who talked about it is pretty long, too. Although over time what exactly is the common good one thing that has been consistent: The Common Good is the goal of good government.

What, no bodily autonomy for fetuses?
Nope. unless you want to forfeit autonomy for women,
Is it weren't for those slave holders, there's a good chance you would still be living under monarchy,

Oh wait, like the monarchy in Canada, NZ, and Australia?

Since society began? Since George Washington mandated vaccines for Americas troops?
The sovereignty of the individual outweighs the social contract, which by the way practically no one who is alive today agreed to, unless you count being born as agreeing.
I certainly do not label all those I disagree with politically right wing extremists, and I don't watch CNN.
Well you called Ron, and Rand Paul right wing extremists, which they certainly are not.
You seem to enjoy being dismissive of progressives!
I confess that very well may be true (A definite fault on my part) however you're not much better, you seem to enjoy dismissing libertarians, and Trump supporters as ignorant.
No. A fetus does not have bodily autonomy. That's actually a stupid question.
Why not? Do their lives not matter?
So you also like Tom Cotton? The whole "slavery is a necessary evil"? Now there's a sure sign of entitlement! When someone can justify slavery as a means to an end, but be rally against mandatory vaccinations as taking away their 'rights'! :rofl:You really are ok with the genocide of Native Americans in the quest for a white nation, as well as the enslavement of Africans to build it?
You really have a very narrow view of freedom, and yes, it does seem to align with the extreme rights nationalist views
I never said slavery was necessary, I simply said that though them owning slaves was despicable, overall the founding fathers had a positive impact on the world, and we might all be slaves under a king if it where not for them, so we should try to have a little respect.
Since you mention the whole liberty and rebelling against the monarchy--what's your opinion of George Washingtons smallpox vaccine mandate? It was far less researched than the covid vaccine, and opposition was not allowed. I suppose you would rather have had his troops mutiny rather than succumb to the communistic idea of not having choice?
What do I care, it was his army, he gets to set whatever rules he like for who can fight in it, it's not like he was telling business owners who they can serve. I don't care if a business owner only wants to serve vaccinated people, what I have a problem with is the government telling them that's what they have to do.

The sovereignty of the individual outweighs the social contract, which by the way practically no one who is alive today agreed to, unless you count being born as agreeing.

Well you called Ron, and Rand Paul right wing extremists, which they certainly are not.

I confess that very well may be true (A definite fault on my part) however you're not much better, you seem to enjoy dismissing libertarians, and Trump supporters as ignorant.
Actually I don't enjoy being dismissive of progressives, it is just a bad habit I have gotten myself into. I derive no enjoyment from it. Unfortunately the reason I picked up this habit is probably because quite a lot of progressives are CNN watching, elitist, Obama worshiping know-nothings.

Actually I don't enjoy being dismissive of progressives, it is just a bad habit I have gotten myself into. I derive no enjoyment from it. Unfortunately the reason I picked up this habit is probably because quite a lot of progressives are CNN watching, elitist, Obama worshiping know-nothings.
A lot of Conservatives are FOX watching, deplorable, Trump worshipping, fact and science denying know nothing's...

It's on the news every single hour and some people have changed their habits in their every day lives.
I wash my hands far more frequently and always when I get back from the shops or doctors surgery. Moreover,
I try and not put my bare hands on door handles.

• Probability of infection for the EU/EEA and UK population is considered very low. While there have been both
  • imported and locally acquired cases reported from seven EU/EEA countries and from the UK, the overall number of cases reported
  • in the area remains low, and containment measures are in place. There are, however, uncertainties regarding transmissibility and under-detection,
  • particularly among mild or asymptomatic cases.
Rapid Risk Assessment: Assessing SARS-CoV-2 circulation, variants of concern, non-pharmaceutical interventions and vaccine rollout in the EU/EEA, 16th update, 30 September 2021

COVID-19 is a name for the disease, not for the virus that causes it, which until now had a temporary moniker, 2019-nCoV, signifying it was a novel coronavirus that emerged last year. But the pathogen also got a new designation, which arrived before Tedros had even finished his press conference, by way of a preprint posted on bioRxiv by the body charged with classifying and naming viruses. The Coronavirus Study Group (CSG) of the International Committee on Taxonomy of Viruses, the paper noted, had decided that the virus is a variant of the coronavirus that caused an outbreak of severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) in 2002–03. So, it named the new pathogen severe acute respiratory syndrome-related coronavirus 2, or SARS-CoV-2.

I've done none of it and I'm still here healthy, weathier and not much wiser! Firstly those silly blue masks everyone wears is what they call "a placebo" It's useless if you breathe in when the virus is in front of you. It's there to make you and other people feel safer. If the mesh lets air through, it lets the virus through with it. The best defence is a full face plastic visor. Secondly, the washing of hands is mostly a waste of time because when the virus settles on something, it dies almost if not instantly. The reason they tell you wash your hands is because most germs enter your body via your eyes so if you rub your eyes it gets in. But you can't, or at least you're unlikely to get it by picking up something off the shop shelf etc. No one alive today has ever seen anything like this virus, that's why all the advice is mostly guesswork. Hindsighht is a wonderful thing and it's easy to blame someone else for your misfortune, but they haven't been through it before either, so don't be too ready to put the blame on government or any so called experts as I hear so many people doing so. The pandemic was as new to them as us.

Firstly those silly blue masks everyone wears is what they call "a placebo" It's useless if you breathe in when the virus is in front of you. It's there to make you and other people feel safer. If the mesh lets air through, it lets the virus through with it. The best defence is a full face plastic visor.
This is incorrect.

View attachment images.jfif
You realize that a plastic visor lets air in too?...

Attachments

• images.jfif
    6 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: Emma JC
I've done none of it and I'm still here healthy, weathier and not much wiser! Firstly those silly blue masks everyone wears is what they call "a placebo" It's useless if you breathe in when the virus is in front of you. It's there to make you and other people feel safer. If the mesh lets air through, it lets the virus through with it
that is misleading or actually false. Masks do prevent or at least slow down the transmission of the virus. You really should be wearing a good mask. but even a double lined cloth mask does a pretty good job.
the virus itself could pass thru a mask, but when people exhale or sneeze of cough they expel droplets that have the virus in it. the masks are good enough to prevent the transmission of the droplets.
Secondly, the washing of hands is mostly a waste of time because when the virus settles on something, it dies almost if not instantly. The reason they tell you wash your hands is because most germs enter your body via your eyes so if you rub your eyes it gets in. But you can't, or at least you're unlikely to get it by picking up something off the shop shelf etc.

again misleading or maybe even just plain wrong. viruses don't die instantly. We don't know exactly how long they can survive but as of now the best guess is no longer than 3 days.

No one alive today has ever seen anything like this virus, that's why all the advice is mostly guesswork.
Again not true. There have been similar viruses around and studied for at least 100 years. the Common cold and influenza are both viruses and look how much research has been done on those. Then there is SARS and MERS. Covid shares traits and even some DNA with all of those.
They were able to develop the Covid vaccines so quickly because they were able to piggy back on the research on previous viruses.

I just got a negative result for Covid.

I thought I had to do another test for antibodies but that was only if I had a positive result. I read that the symptoms of Covid are now more like cold symptoms (here is the UK, at least) so you think now it is cold and flu season that there are going to be a lot of tests being done over the next few months. I felt like I hadn't had a cold in months.

I still have a cough, but feel okay. The message said if I had a high temperature still then I should continue to self isolate, but I don't so I won't.

I just got a negative result for Covid.

I thought I had to do another test for antibodies but that was only if I had a positive result. I read that the symptoms of Covid are now more like cold symptoms (here is the UK, at least) so you think now it is cold and flu season that there are going to be a lot of tests being done over the next few months. I felt like I hadn't had a cold in months.

I still have a cough, but feel okay. The message said if I had a high temperature still then I should continue to self isolate, but I don't so I won't.

I think that you had your flu jab?

I think that you had your flu jab?
Yes, I've been Covid double jabbed and also had my flu jab this year. I was looking at the lists today of how they are doing the vaccines in order and I think I should be getting my third booster November/December time.

Have you had your third booster yet?

• Friendly
Reactions: shyvas
Yes, I've been Covid double jabbed and also had my flu jab this year. I was looking at the lists today of how they are doing the vaccines in order and I think I should be getting my third booster November/December time.

Have you had your third booster yet?

I've received an e mail from our national health to say that I'm eligible to have it. However, I'll will have to wait until 2nd December as it has to be 6 months since the 2nd jab.

Reactions: Raven