Health Issues The Everything Covid 19 Thread

What do they call those big studies, like the China Study? Where instead of looking at a relatively small group of people you look at a whole population.

Anyway, "California has less Covid-19 transmission than any state in the country."
What could be responsible for that? Our masks mandates? Our business restrictions? or maybe its the high rate of vaccinations. "More than 82 percent of Californians aged 12 and older have at least one dose of a coronavirus vaccine"

Our vaccination percent was already pretty good. But the Delta surge gave the vaccination rate a bit of push. Probably the vaccine mandates also helped the percentage. The areas with the lowest rates of vaccinations were hard hit over the summer with the Delta variant. Recently they have had the highest increase in vaccinations. In those areas fear might have been the greatest motivator. Social pressure probably also played a big role.

So, we are still in level 4 with no idea of coming out of lockdown any time soon, there is level 3 but that is still lockdown so not much changes there really...

i have a feeling i will be spending a lot of time at home still over the next few months, things dont feel... right... and also there could be more lockdowns later on..

I guess i am asking for suggestions here. what can i do at home if i am going to be spending a lot of time here... any ideas? for hobbies, passtimes , general things to do at home.

thank you.. ❤️💜💕💚💙💛

Freesia - I follow a lot of vegan YouTubers (there are loads of them now and they are quite entertaining) and I like to read and listen to music. I did get Netflix during the first lockdown but then I watched too much of it and I cancelled it.

Reactions: Freesia and Emma JC
I got my official Covid pass letter saying that I am double jabbed with AZ. It says to keep it in a safe place. My husband didn't get his yet.

I have booked another concert for next month and I hope the situation here isn't different from now. We were saying the other night that we can't imagine people here would put up with another lockdown. I don't think a lot of people would follow the rules if it happened again. Just the impression I get from people.

COVID news live: Minister warns of 'full lockdown' if vaccine-resistant variant emerges | UK News | Sky News

@Freesia thats rough. I keep wondering if things are going to get worse here over the next few months. Like Raven said, I don’t know how well some people will follow the rules. There are a good amount of rebels here. Luckily, Connecticut is high on the list of states doing well with covid, based on some reports I’ve seen.

So, we are still in level 4 with no idea of coming out of lockdown any time soon, there is level 3 but that is still lockdown so not much changes there really...

i have a feeling i will be spending a lot of time at home still over the next few months, things dont feel... right... and also there could be more lockdowns later on..

I guess i am asking for suggestions here. what can i do at home if i am going to be spending a lot of time here... any ideas? for hobbies, passtimes , general things to do at home.

thank you.. ❤️💜💕💚💙💛
It is rumored that Shakespeare wrote two plays while London was in quatrains ( I think it was the plague back then).

Cleaning seems to be very popular. Frig and oven of course. but going thru cupboards and closets is very popular. Around here the charity shops are just overflowing with stuff that has been cleaned out.

Catching up with books and movies is a good idea. Here is your chance to rewatch all of the Star War movies in chronological order. Or every version of Pride and Prejudice.

Learning a new skill is highly recommended. or a language. or an instrument.

Getting in shape with home workouts. If the parking lots and the hiking trails are open its a good time to explore. If not you can probably still explore some neighborhoods.

Here in California we were allowed to form "pods", small groups that only engaged with each other.

Freesia - I follow a lot of vegan YouTubers (there are loads of them now and they are quite entertaining) and I like to read and listen to music. I did get Netflix during the first lockdown but then I watched too much of it and I cancelled it.

Raven... thanks for the idea.. might look these you tubers up.. I dont have a lot of tv options here but might look for vegan stuff online...💜💚

I got my official Covid pass letter saying that I am double jabbed with AZ. It says to keep it in a safe place. My husband didn't get his yet.

I have booked another concert for next month and I hope the situation here isn't different from now. We were saying the other night that we can't imagine people here would put up with another lockdown. I don't think a lot of people would follow the rules if it happened again. Just the impression I get from people.

COVID news live: Minister warns of 'full lockdown' if vaccine-resistant variant emerges | UK News | Sky News

I think people are getting sick of the lockdown i Auckand too, it has been 5 weeks of level 4 with level 3 ahead (basically more lockdown) .. i think people are starting to run out of the patience to be at home though.

@Freesia thats rough. I keep wondering if things are going to get worse here over the next few months. Like Raven said, I don’t know how well some people will follow the rules. There are a good amount of rebels here. Luckily, Connecticut is high on the list of states doing well with covid, based on some reports I’ve seen.

Reports i have been reading tell me, that in the coming Northern winter, be prepared at least with some things to do at home, we really dont know what winters can bring in this situation... hard to say how things will be but im even preparing myself for the summer, i would definitely prepare myself if i had winter ahead.

Reactions: KLS52
It is rumored that Shakespeare wrote two plays while London was in quatrains ( I think it was the plague back then).

Cleaning seems to be very popular. Frig and oven of course. but going thru cupboards and closets is very popular. Around here the charity shops are just overflowing with stuff that has been cleaned out.

Catching up with books and movies is a good idea. Here is your chance to rewatch all of the Star War movies in chronological order. Or every version of Pride and Prejudice.

Learning a new skill is highly recommended. or a language. or an instrument.

Getting in shape with home workouts. If the parking lots and the hiking trails are open its a good time to explore. If not you can probably still explore some neighborhoods.

Here in California we were allowed to form "pods", small groups that only engaged with each other.

Thank you for the ideas... i plan to do some more outdoor things when we get to levels 1 and 2 but during 3 and 4 there are just too many walkers and bikers... and they all seem to be hanging outside our front garden sometimes, the front of our property has one of the best harbour views here, so we keep getting people standing around the front ... where the garden is...

Writing is a good idea and i will add it to the list, thanks... 👍🏼

I have been trying to do home workouts and cleaning, these hobbies havent been going as well though..

Might get the dvd collection out, i do have Pride and Prejudice 🙂

thank you.. :)

thank you.. ❤️💜💕💚💙💛
learn Maori maybe 🤔 there are apps online .

• Friendly
Reactions: Freesia

thank you.. ❤️💜💕💚💙💛
I'm sure something will come along. People have already made great suggestions.
People who have pets, bonding with them would be a great idea. Spring and Summer of 2020 I had great time with my cat Söpö who passed away Autumn of 2020 (or it was July when she died, but for a long while after I felt her presence with me).
Those who can spend time in solitude it can be time for growth and healing.
Meditation, journaling... There are these awesome colouring books for adults. It takes a freaking looong while to colour just one page. It can take days if you want to be precise. Just remember to eat, drink water, stretch and sleep somewhere between colouring.

Last edited by a moderator:
In that case there is almost no science in the world, it's nearly impossible to prove something to be absolutely undoubtedly true. Almost everything that scientist say is not fact, rather the it is option with the least possibility of being false.

And even if they could prove something beyond doubt, I still wouldn't believe it until they explained it to me, never trust anyone.

learn Maori maybe 🤔 there are apps online .

I know a number of words of Maori. Im not sure about the idea in practise though.. Maori are very protctive of their culture, they dont like non maori being much involved in it except as a guest... im happy to use the words when apropriate , i grew up in a suburb which have a lot of Maori people.. im in the South part of Auckland :)

Last edited:
I'm sure something will come along. People have already made great suggestions.
People who have pets, bonding with them would be a great idea. Spring and Summer of 2020 I had great time with my cat Söpö who passed away Autumn of 2020 (or it was July when she died, but for a long while after I felt her presence with me).
Those who can spend time in solitude it can be time for growth and healing.
Meditation, journaling... There are these awesome colouring books for adults. It takes a freaking looong while to colour just one page. It can take days if you want to be precise. Just remember to eat, drink water, stretch and sleep somewhere between colouring.

((((((hugs)))) sorry for your loss..

Thank you for the suggestions.. the meditation sounds good :) ..

((((((hugs)))) sorry for your loss..

Thank you for the suggestions.. the meditation sounds good :) ..
Oh there is also all kinds of virtual social things to do.
My sister meets a bunch of people to play mahjong online. but there are lots of other group games online.

I know a number of words of Maori. Im not sure about the idea in practise though.. Maori are very protctive of their culture, they dont like non maori being much involved in it except as a guest... im happy to use the words when apropriate , i grew up in a suburb which have a lot of Maori people.. im in the South part of Auckland :)
I have always found Maori inviting re their learning of culture, language except on one incident I just saw it as his problem not mine .
There is a bit of a bun fight going on the net with Lords latest waiata/ song along the lines of cultural appropriation. They sound like people who think everyone is racist except them.